IGNORED

Here we go again with bad legislation

It's the same thing every year at the beginning of the new legislative session.  Bills both good and bad on any and all topics (not just guns) get introduced into committee.  And just as always, you need to watch closely at any ones that excite or concern you as they work (or don't) their way through the process.  About the only good news on any gun control legislation is that the Governor already feels we have enough laws on the books and has said he'd veto any new ones.  But it bears following just in case...

Yeah it does, Bucksnbows.

I love how one bill contradicts another.  One specifically states that BB guns are not firearms, but the one on mag restrictions to 10 rounds specifically describes BB guns (compressed air, et al fired rounds) as not being allowed to hold more than 10 rounds.  This would make all but single shot bb guns illegal...lol.

These people have no idea what they are talking about.

- Mack

Yeah.  There are some super bad things mixed in (like restrictions to 5 or 10 round mags).

THIS is the reason I went out and got a Glock 23 with a 13-cartridge capacity magazine last year.  Grandfathered until they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Imagine if every voter voted differently in either their primaries or general elections.  Within 6 years, every single incumbent politician at the town, county, state, and federal level would fine him/herself voted out of office.  Just imagine the message that would send.  It would prove what our Founding Fathers wanted for our nation which was a government by the people, of the people and for the people.  But you have to vote to make those changes!

Instead, we all keep voting in the same old, same old and then scratching our collective heads as to why government doesn't "get it".  Look no further than into your own mirror....

I'm very conservative and live in a solid Republican run town in a Republican run county.  So the really only way to bring change is during the primary votes each spring.  I have begun to pull the lever for whomever is running against my incumbent in the Republican primary (can't vote D nor would I since I register as an R).  Most don't bother to ever vote a primary and only slightly more bother in the November general elections.  How pissed off do we need to become before we wake up???????????? 

"Weapon" means any firearm, even though not loaded or lacking a clip or other component to render it immediately operable or any dangerous knife.

Best piece of stupid legislation I've read in a long time.  Not surprised it came from the most ignorant group of elected officials in the country (if not the world).

Is a "dangerous knife" the new "assault knife"?  Thank God I don't have to worry about getting busted carrying around my ice-pick shank in Newark anymore.

You can't make this stupid up, but somehow it breeds in NJ politics.  I yearn for the sensible days when the mob was in control...

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Best piece of stupid legislation I've read in a long time.  Not surprised it came from the most ignorant group of elected officials in the country (if not the world).

Is a "dangerous knife" the new "assault knife"?  Thank God I don't have to worry about getting busted carrying around my ice-pick shank in Newark anymore.

You can't make this stupid up, but somehow it breeds in NJ politics.  I yearn for the sensible days when the mob was in control...

Just hope the handle of that knife is not black...

- Mack

Current law provides that a person lawfully transporting a firearm or weapon in a motor vehicle may deviate from the course of travel only to the extent reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

This bill clarifies the type of situations that could constitute reasonably necessary deviations. The bill provides that reasonably necessary deviations are to include, but not be limited to, collecting and discharging passengers; purchasing fuel, food and beverages, medicine or other supplies; use of a restroom; or contending with an emergency situation

There are some good ones like the one quoted and another allowing for a REISSUE ( rather than re apply ) of an FID card for a change of address.... :pepsi:

:D