• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Fly Fishing Show-Somerset

6 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Beaverkill

Beaverkill

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01/27/13 - 11:23 AM

The Fly Fishing Show is this weekend..You still have time to make it..

Show was good..Worked in the Gloomis booth all day Saturday and lost my voice by end of day...(so I drank in silence)...

All the major rod manufacturers were there, a good selection of the regional fly shops were present, as well as all the Fly Fishing Organizations and a nice mix of outfitters and lodges...and a great showing of renown fly tyers..

For those that have never attended the Fly Fishing Show, you are missing out...This show is loaded with seminars, classes and demonstrations.. It is the most educational outdoor show...

If you are a fly fisherman or interested in the sport, this is a must on your calendar...

The Somerset show is the largest Fly Fishing Only show in the world but if you missed it, there is a smaller show in Lancaster, PA in beginning of march.. The Lancaster show is more regionally focused.

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/

#2 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 01/27/13 - 11:32 AM

Man I totally forgot about the show...too far for me to venture today. Looking forward to doing some fly fishing this spring! Plan on heading down to NC to do a little fly fishing and golfing with some friends down there too!

#3 Male OFFLINE   BowHunter96

BowHunter96

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01/27/13 - 05:27 PM

I was at the show yesterday.Sat through Aaron Jasper and Matt Grobert in the morning and then walked through the show.Ended up buying some flies, new stream thermometer, and a 10ft 3wt Greys Streamflex for nymphing.Finished up inside the show around 1 just in time to make Joe Humphreys Nymphing seminar.The show was PACKED all day from start to finish but an overall good time to be had.I've got the itch to get back out there now that I got this new rod.

#4 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 01/27/13 - 05:58 PM

Sweet! Wow, that brings back memories...the first video I ever watched on fly fishing was one on nymphing by Joe Humphreys!

#5 Male OFFLINE   230jhp

230jhp

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11/03/15 - 03:27 PM

In 2013 a friend of mine got real sick after going to that show, in 2014 I got real sick after that show. Bottom line is I am done with the Somerset fly show.

#6 Male OFFLINE   Kype

Kype

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 11/03/15 - 06:11 PM

great show. i have been there about 5 times. a lot to see and look around not to mention the seminars and shows. almost bought a pontoon one year from there lol. 

No man steps in the same river or woods twice.

Trout Unlimited Member

Ducks Unlimited Member 

#7 Male OFFLINE   230jhp

230jhp

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11/03/15 - 08:50 PM

great show. i have been there about 5 times. a lot to see and look around not to mention the seminars and shows. almost bought a pontoon one year from there lol. 

Yeah it is a good show, but not worth legionnaires disease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users