• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Full frontal shot.. should i take it?...

48 replies to this topic

#41 Male OFFLINE   nycredneck

nycredneck

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01/05/14 - 07:19 AM

I took my frontal shot years ago, with experience and age comes wisdom… hopefully. Even though I practice with my broadheads on a regular basis I feel it not worth the chance of that shot again for several reasons, first the chance of not killing it, second the chance on not killing it quickly, third the chance of not recovering it, and fourth I'd much rather watch the deer go down in sight than tracking a deer with a barely existing blood trail all through the woods for hours.

Bowtech Commander... Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter. NYC/NJ

#42 Male OFFLINE   Sugar

Sugar

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 01/05/14 - 10:26 AM

I see you got a photo of your BF " sugar britches" as your Avatar... Nice package eh?.. :rofl:

That's me as a teenager you homo....what are you doing looking at the package of underage boys...I guess it comes back to your personal full frontal facials you get.

Edited by Sugar, 01/05/14 - 10:57 AM.

#43 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 01/05/14 - 10:48 AM

That's me as a teenager homo....what are you doing looking at the package of underage boys

Yeah well with your package looking like it was meant to be the focal point of the photo its kinda hard to miss.. No one goes hunting with a pair of calf high white socks, tight shorts And takes a pic of themselves holding a rabbit and bow with  slightly limp wrists other than a fruit, ya fruit...  I got nothin against gays, i just cant stand it when they flaunt their sexuality like you did in that photo... this "look at me i'm gay" attitude is the biggest reason your type is despised by many.. Clean it up will ya... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

:D

#44 Male OFFLINE   Sugar

Sugar

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 01/05/14 - 11:03 AM

Hunters would notice the rabbit...homos notice the package facial boy...

#45 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 01/05/14 - 11:21 AM

Hunters would notice the rabbit...homos notice the package facial boy...         

...Or so you hoped, sugar britches..

#46 Male OFFLINE   Excalaman380

Excalaman380

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01/15/14 - 10:29 AM

I would take the shot...In fact, I have taken the shot in November from inside a blind with the doe looking at me,snorting and stamping her hoof. The arrow from my Barnett Quad400 (replaced with the Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout) entered the left side of her chest ( right side looking at me) and exited in front of her right leg....she ran 60 yards and dropped....One of two deer I took this year with deer alert and looking at me. The first at 30 yards and the second at 15yds.

I find under 30yds they just don't have time to jump the string....and now with the 380 (shooting accurately out to 60yds out of the box) they really don't have a chance...I still do not think i would take a shot grater than 40 yds as too many variables are introduced into the equation.

Edited by Excalaman380, 01/15/14 - 10:36 AM.

#47 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 01/15/14 - 01:46 PM

do not think i would take a shot grater than 40 yds as too many variables are introduced into the equation.

I myself am reluctant to take a shot over 30 though i've bagged a deer at 35 yards once last year, and really preferr to take them at 20 or less.. This is only my second year with a cross bow and my first wth a compound and like you pointed out, more and more variables get introduced as you expand your range soo, i try to keep my shots short..  And as it stands, for now at least, i dont see why i shouldnt take a frontal shot at 20 or less from a at ground level... Havent done it yet but.....

#48 Male OFFLINE   hunterbob1

hunterbob1

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 03/13/14 - 12:35 PM

I dont have the most powerfull Cross bow ( 175lb draw weight ) so i dont see it penetrating to the point where i'll get alot, if any, gut.. But should easily punch a hole in the heart.. Maybe i'm wrong i dunno.. Every deer i've taken with it so far was downed with them standing broad side with one slightly quarter too... Allways recovered the arrow laying on the ground 10- 20 feet from where it exited... Again the is something i'm contemplating from ground level... Not 20 feet up.. As of right now i dont see why i shouldnt take a shot like that at less than 20 yards... 

Neither did he.........http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wrWYuh_s1RQ

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president. Theodore Roosevelt

#49 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 03/13/14 - 01:41 PM

Neither did he.........http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wrWYuh_s1RQ

:eek: ..wow, great video... :up: .. That thing was bleeding like a stuck pig..  I never got around to taking that kind of shot.. The opportunity never presented itself.. But when it eventually does,.....yup!!..>>>---------> :elch:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users