IGNORED

Excalibur Matrix Mega 405

BowhunterNJ

Very easy...as is changing strings...etc...just a very simple design with so few things to go wrong...can even break it down and fit in a double rifle case....with just two bolts.....

Cool! How about letting one down to de-cock it? I know you can do that with the recurve designs.

Very, very simple...no need to shoot an arrow....use the same rope that was use to cock it....just an overall simple bow with so few things to go wrong...can change a string with no problem....can even break the bow down to fit in a double rifle case for ease of traveling!

at 260 lb's and 380fps I don't think I need anything else!

My Excalibur Axiom is only 175 lb's and shoots about 285-290fps ( though it says 305fps )  and that seems to be all i need.. May upgrade to a Matrix only because i have peeps i'm trying to get into hunting so, i need an extra... :cupcoffee:

:D

Excalaman380,

Is that  3" group at 60 yards with broadheads?

If so, which heads are you using?

How is the stock trigger?

Sorry to pick your brain, but I'm on the fence with getting one.

No, that's 3" groups with FT's of 150g using their 18" Diablo bolts. I have been using the 150g boltcutters (Excaliburs) as BH's and really have limited my shots to 40yds and have not had any noticeable variation in the accuracy....not really interested in shooting further than that (on purpose) in a hunting situation...I am relatively new to Xbows so I really have nothing to compare the stock trigger to...with that said....the accuracy is crazy with this xbow so i guess the trigger is really not an issue for me...I am however going to try the Triggertech Matrix Hunter 2.5 at the PA show and might pull the plug and get it..... 

No, that's 3" groups with FT's of 150g using their 18" Diablo bolts. I have been using the 150g boltcutters (Excaliburs) as BH's and really have limited my shots to 40yds and have not had any noticeable variation in the accuracy....not really interested in shooting further than that (on purpose) in a hunting situation...I am relatively new to Xbows so I really have nothing to compare the stock trigger to...with that said....the accuracy is crazy with this xbow so i guess the trigger is really not an issue for me...I am however going to try the Triggertech Matrix Hunter 2.5 at the PA show and might pull the plug and get it.....

I was looking at rigging a 405 out and am interested in that Hunter 2.5 trigger for sure! :up:

Thanks Excal for the info... I've heard and read nothing but really good things about Triggertech.. Looks like a simple install too.