IGNORED

Update: Was able to recover my deer from the other day.

Matty

Matty, try Rocket Ultimate Steel broadheads. They are super sharp and have a one inch cutting area. I used them a few times from my old Hoyt and they flew beautifully. I never had to make any changes going from fields tips to broadheads. The smaller diameter should give your more pentetration.

I shot several deer and one hog with them and had good results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Trophy-Ridge-Ultimate-Steel-Broadhead-Broadheads-3-Pack-100-Grain-/281179071023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417794222f#ht_655wt_1124

Edited by lefteye

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

I'm glad to see you got closure on that buck and can rest easy, Matty. My set up is similar to yours, but I'm shooting at 52# with Easton AXIS FMJ 400's tipped with cut on contact NAP Hellrazors. I believe my shoulder issues are from (or at least helped by) shooting heavy bows over the years. Many people (mostly archery dealers) have suggested going to the cross bow. I'll go to the camera dealers first, lol.

lol...i hear you x7!

Sorry I took so long to get the picture up, but the holidays are upon us. Without further ado:

permit bow buck dec 2013.jpg

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Thanks guys. As I mentioned in the earlier post (that I deleted while I was depressed)....I passed this buck once in October. He came by me chasing a doe, but I didn't think he was a shooter so he walked by at about 16 yards. Never second guessed it for a second.

However, with the season winding down and having not seen a "shooter" since summer, I saw this guy again the other day, looked him over again as he came walking down the trail and decided to take him and use a buck tag for a change. 

Being able to recover him after he made it into the neighborhood was a nice Christmas present for me. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear