IGNORED

First one to the bait pile didnt get wacked

Axiom

..  Went in about 3ish this afternoon with the mind set i was gonna take the first deer that came along.. At around 4:30 a young doe walks out of the thickets directly in front of me.. It stopped behind a tree for whatever reason so i reached around, lifted my bow out of its holder and clipped in... After a moment or 2 she headed for the bait pile.. Much to my astonishment she looked at it as she walked by.. Didnt even stop for a nibble.. Didnt even hesitate, just kept on walkin.. About 20 yards past the pile she caught up with what i guess was momma doe.. They briefly rubbed noses behind a bush..  couldnt get a clean shot before they walked away... I thought the whole sequence of events was odd..

Headed to a different area tomorrow with the same mindset...

:D

Hey Axiom,

Had the same problem. I carried my bait in plastic bags and realized that not all bags were scentless. I've had deer sneeze at the bait pile..omg. I'm not sure of your situation but I use a feeder now and stopped carrying/contaminating bait. Good luck to you !

Naw Lemmy.. This is an on going corn pile i hunt over only when i need a freezer filler.. I use the same bag..  I suspect the the two were seperated at some point during the day since one was coming from the front and one was coming from behind.. There were some teens yahooing about 3 or 400 feet  away.. That may have had them spooked, i dunno... :cupcoffee: ..

Edited by Axiom

:D