IGNORED

Wind an cold 8 pt down

Bowhunter444

Started tonights hunt on my cousins farm wasn't expecting much but you never know. I say you can't kill them watching football. The wind was rough but I had the right clothes for the sit. At around 4:00pm I hear walking behind me and know its a deer coming in so grab my bow and get ready. I see its a nice 8pt and draw as he gets broadside. Well with the wind my eyes start to water and it getting tough looking through the peep. He is about 30 yrd out and I fiquired it now or never. I release the arrow and hear it hit a twig I didn't see and then hear it hit the buck. I watch him run off and go down at 60 yrds. I pack up my stuff and get down and head over to the buck I get within 10 feet of him and he gets up and runs another 30 yrds and goes down again. So I go back to my truck and break out the crossbow and head back in to where he went down again. I walk up to him and he tries to get up again but can't so I put a bolt through gh the lungs and he is done. I got myself an early birthday present as I'll turn 49 tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1385335013836.jpg

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

great buck congrats!

I say you can't kill them watching football. The wind was rough but I had the right clothes for the sit

that's why your wall looks like it does :hail: n mines empty! for now  :pout:

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

Here is a better pic taken with my camera. I also want to thank John Erndl who help me get him in my truck and take some pictures. The buck dressesed at 142lbs and had a 15 1/2" inside so can't upgrade to get more points for my team.

DCP_0827.JPG

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

Real nice buck! CONGRATS!

Well-deserved because it definitely was cold and windy yesterday. I was out twice yesterday, once to double check the youth day miss, and it was a clean miss. Found the tree he killed. 

And then to setup some stands for Winter bow with my brother. I dressed kind of light figuring we'd be active enough to stay warm. NOPE! LOL COOOOLD AND WINDY!

Truck said 18 degrees when we got out at the one spot. It was too early in the afternoon for temps like that! BRRRRRR!!!

CONGRATS again though and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear