IGNORED

Lunch time up the tree.

BowTechExperience

Wish I was out right now. Totally sucks...

Anyway, I'll always take at least one bottle of water, but this year Ive added a 100oz 3L camelbak to the pack for all day sits. Hydration is important and staying hydrated keeps me more alert.

For food, I'll usually have some kind of sandwich, deli-meat or tuna, etc. As well as some snacks, all unwrapped and in ziplok baggies like you have so they're quiet to open.

Snacks range from "Halloween Candy" (reeses, kitkats, etc) to trail mix or dried fruit. So pretty darn similar to yours.

In the past, I've actually had MRE's for lunch in the woods. I used to bring them whole, but for my trip to Idaho, I learned that "field-stripping" them is far better and cuts down the size and weight considerably. I may start using them again for all day sits.

The way things are going right now though, I'll be lucky to get an hour long sit anytime soon.

Good luck out there man! :up:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

fall bow I'll take a pre made frozen ham and cheese on an It. roll with mustard cut in half. By the time it comes to eat  it's thawed and ready. Also a bottle of water.  For firearm season I'll take a thermos of soup and a thermos of hot chocolate along with a Taylor Ham on roll with mayo and lettuce. Can be eaten as a late breakfast or lunch. And always have some Granola or nut bars.  

Edited by jerseyhunter

I typically make myself a sandwich the night before and add a couple bottles of water and some trail mix or other snacks I munch on all day.  Leftover Halloween candy is cheap fuel to keep warm.  I avoid coffee as that only thins the blood and gets you cold after the initial caffiene bump.