IGNORED

10.26 check in

Dubs

The 8 pointer I mentioned earlier today is still on lockdown with the one older doe.  I fully realize it's a bit early for does in estrus, but I certainly know lockdown when I see it.  He's there as I speak and so is she on my mineral block and the corn/molasses block I keep out just to watch the deer in my back woodlot.  Pretty cool to watch all day today.  Once in awhile they moved to an adjoining property only to keep coming back to mine.  My Brittany just ran to the fence and ran the doe off then tried to do the same for the buck which was only 6 feet away from him, but the buck stood his ground and the dog got bored and came back to the house, lol.

Was out this AM at dawn.  31°F all morning long.  Didn't see a darn thing.  One squirrel and one chipmunk.  However, this noisy flock of birds, maybe 70-80 of them, buzzed over the tree canopy squawking.  Couldn't figure out what kind they where.  Forgot to bring a hat with me and shivered a bit.  Dropped my limb saw and hand pruners when I got my climber settled 30' up.  

On the bright side, tried out a new breakfast place that had breakfast burritos.  That made up for the cold day of nothing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.