• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

So how's everyone's season going so far!

43 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Doublelunger

Doublelunger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 07:48 AM

I got 2 doe and a big bodied 5 pt so far this season! Missed a great buck last weekend but I'll catch up to him during permit bow

#2 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 08:17 AM

Mixed.. I've been a victim of murphys law for the last couple weeks.. But in spite of it all, I've had some pretty good sized bucks in my cross hairs.. Just couldnt tak'um.. Had a few does come in  but for one reason or another havent been able to connect...   

with the worst behind me,  I think things are gonna change real quick... :cupcoffee:

:D

#3 Male OFFLINE   Doublelunger

Doublelunger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 08:33 AM

Good luck axiom

#4 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 08:51 AM

U 2 bud.. :up:

#5 Male OFFLINE   MJK50

MJK50

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 09:04 AM

I haven't seen a deer from any of my stands yet. Plenty of sign but the woods are full of food and they are not moving much from the bedding areas during shooting light. The trees are dropping nuts everywhere

and if your not careful you can get a nasty bump on the head from them. Weather needs to cool down more too. 

#6 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 09:09 AM

the woods are full of food

This is true.. I have one spot where the deer have been walking  right by the corn pile and havent touched it in 3 weeks...

#7 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 09:16 AM

My season starts on Saturday. PA bow opener.

#8 Male OFFLINE   Doublelunger

Doublelunger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 09:23 AM

Well good luck guys once it gets cooler deer will be moving more I'm seeing a bunch of doe every sit but my bucks at Mia

#9 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 05:28 PM

Ive passed on 12 bucks so far this year. All 6 point and smaller. I know some were probably the same but there were 12 opportunities to shoot. Ive taken a doe so far. Im not trophy hunting just being particular so far. If it gets down to it the biggest body  buck is getting it...

Ive been down for the count since Friday night with bad bronchitis. its kicking my ass!!! Hopefully the meds will do the trick and get me back into the game

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

#10 Male OFFLINE   madcat2

madcat2

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 07:37 PM

Strange night in the woods this evening. I had a hawk fly straight at me and within five feet from my treestand before I had to wave my arm to get it to change course. I almost cuffed it. It landed in the tree next to me and we had a staring contest for about 2-3 minutes before it decided to leave.

Then I listened to two coyotes yap at each other until I climbed out of the tree. No deer.

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson

#11 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 08:02 PM

been out once, this past Saturday which was opening day for the zone I hunt. I was just getting into my climber at 0520 when I hear walking, I have the green light on my cap it was deer at 25 yards never knew I was there, that green light is great, and saw one from my stand at 0715, my friend saw three, be back at it Saturday, until then.....family, work, family, work, and so on !!!

#12 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 08:18 PM

Ive been down for the count since Friday night with bad bronchitis. its kicking my ass!!!

Stop cry'in.. Ive been out every day with a sprained lower back since day 3.. Now that the back is getting better i've came down with a cold and flue... Spent yesterday and this evening hacking away sweating my a$$ off up 20feet in the air... Nothing stops the axiom....

#13 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 08:31 PM

Stop cry'in.. Ive been out every day with a sprained lower back since day 3.. Now that the back is getting better i've came down with a cold and flue... Spent yesterday and this evening hacking away sweating my a$$ off up 20feet in the air... Nothing stops the axiom....

:)    almost nothing stops the axiom.....except well of course a good old fashioned parade....

Attached Images

• bth_Gay-parade1.jpg

• Like x 1
  • List

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

#14 Male OFFLINE   robnj

robnj

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 09:50 PM

im still stuck in scouting mode

#15 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 09/30/13 - 10:20 PM

im still stuck in scouting mode

Damn that stinks!!!

Well I could always come keep your spots company while your scouting? :up:  :)

#16 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10/01/13 - 05:18 AM

I have not been out yet, and will likly sit out deer season for the first time since I started hunting some 25 years ago. Life's in the way right now.
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog!:D

#17 Male OFFLINE   BowTechExperience

BowTechExperience

10 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 10/01/13 - 09:02 AM

Had a couple shots on does that were smaller than my cat. Won't shoot them that small.  lol.. This Saturday I sat from 5:15 am until 7:15 pm. Saw a slammer 6 that is easy pushing 200lbs with a massive chocolate rack. Moved my stand yesterday to interceprt him this Sat morning..

#18 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 10/01/13 - 09:14 AM

Life's in the way right now

I dont know what ails you but whatever it is i hope its surmountable... :cupcoffee:

#19 OFFLINE   jerseyhunter

jerseyhunter

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 10/01/13 - 09:15 AM

Only deer I saw was opening day, a buck at 7 yds. Nothing since, moved my stand twice.

#20 Male OFFLINE   Sykk Physh

Sykk Physh

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10/02/13 - 10:40 AM

Shot 4 doe and not have seen a buck to date.. The worst season so far.. I scout and relocate stands almost every afternoon .. Need to find better property...

Hopefully people will book the boat for fall Stripers.. Maybe take a my mind off the agony of no shooter bucks
Capt. Joe G
Sykk Physh Sportfishing
(732) 239 1404
www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com
www.jpgcharters.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users