• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Tree Climbing: Safety Lifelines

safety life line tree climbing treestand prevent falls safely climb

43 replies to this topic

#41 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 07/31/17 - 08:46 PM

Awesome info on this thread and bumped to the top :up:  :up: 

#42 Male OFFLINE   Sotaroas

Sotaroas

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 08/01/17 - 04:49 AM

Great information ! No matter which way you go , point is wear a safety harness , also no matter what type of stand your hunting out of wear the harness , I have 20' ladders , too think shit doesn't happen , your under estimating your chances of taking a header out of any stand , be safe , good luck , you definitely owe it too the people who care a lot about you !
" I Live to Hunt , I Hunt to Live , Just Hunt ! "

#43 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 08/01/17 - 07:57 AM

For climbers, a Q safe has replaced the rope style tree strap for me. Night and day difference IMO. Also, a good set(not the PLASTIC ones that come with lone wolf) of stabilizer straps are priceless. They work as your tether and once at your destination you cinch them down. You would be amazed at how rock solid(or even more) your climber feels when you add them.

#44 Male OFFLINE   strikerII

strikerII

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08/01/17 - 08:27 AM

And while were talking about tree safety, don't forget to check those screw in steps for the ones that use them.  I had a friend a couple years ago had one pull out while climbing and ripped him up pretty bad when he struck some of the others on the way down. A lot of guys leave them in season after season and never check them until its too late

I got rid of all my screw-in steps. They're just daggers waitin to stick you in a slip or fall. Now only use sticks or ladder steps on ALL my hang on stands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safety, life line, tree climbing, treestand, prevent falls, safely climb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users