IGNORED

2013-2014 NJW&W Member Pics from Stand/Blind

BowhunterNJ

Snow is pretty...it makes for great pictures...and it's also cool that you can track animals and get an idea of patterns.

However, everything else about snow SUCKS! lol

Great pictures though guys!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Quite a tangled mess you have there Axiom.

As much as the hurricane hurt us and impacted so many lives in some terrible ways, it did do some good for our wildlife. That's a lot of good bedding cover, and the leaves and tops make great browse, especially the red and sugar maples a favorite browse for our deer along with the dried leaves. Also a lot of light should start to reach the ground and these areas will again have good low growth. Keep an eye on these spots for the next few years for sure.

Almost like natures version of "hinge-cutting".

I got out tonight, saw a red fox twice (same one). The second time he was trying to put a stalk on a squirrel. He was crouched way down and moving through the underbrush so stealthily, but the squirrel picked him off just a few yards away and made it safely up a nearby white oak. Definitely very cool to watch and it all happened at less than 20 yards, so I had a front row seat to the action.

Forgot to take a picture tonight though. Sorry. lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 3 weeks later...