• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Sorry Matty

11 replies to this topic

#1 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 09:01 AM

Sorry Matty.  We were talking about you over on "the site that shall not be named".

I know it's not nice to talk about someone behind their back so I wanted to apologize.  :kissy:

Post #94.

http://www.newjersey...ber-njh-10.html

#2 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 09:39 AM

We were talking about you over on "the site that shall not be named".

I thought Greystones day room  was shut down.. :confused: ... :rofl:  :rofl:

:D

#3 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 10:52 AM

LOL

At first I was wondering where that story was going. hahaha...

Until today, I didn't realize that's how it looked to you. That's pretty funny. I would have been mad at me too. :)

Great thread too!

There are a lot of folks I'd love the opportunity to hunt with and fortunately I've had the opportunity to hunt with a lot of great folks. While there are so many folks that I've etched memories with; One of my favorite guys to hunt with so far was Droptine and hopefully we'll hunt together again soon. His dedication and enthusiasm in the face of adversity is second to none. It's obvious that's one of the keys to him killing so many amazing animals, no matter what he pursues. I need more of that!

I really wish I could have known Telefante better and shared time afield with him before his passing too.

I think I'd like to share a hunt with Jakesbeard one day as well. Our senses of humor seem like they might work well together. 

Honestly I enjoy spending time with anyone that shares with me a love, enthusiasm and passion for this amazing sport.

• Like x 2
  • List

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

#4 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 11:50 AM

I think I'd like to share a hunt with Jakesbeard one day as well. Our senses of humor seem like they might work well together. 

Since you bring that up, he and I were chatting about him coming up to hunt with us at everyone's favorite slaughtering grounds in zone 6.  Would you want to hang in a tree with him and video his hunt?

Edited by Rufous, 09/13/13 - 12:23 PM.

#5 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 12:58 PM

I would love the opportunity!

Just let me know when!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

#6 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 01:08 PM

I would love the opportunity!

Just let me know when!

Cool, let's shoot for some time in October before the permit season.

• Like x 1
  • List

#7 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 01:42 PM

Sounds great. Only dates that I know I can't do in October are the 21st-23rd because of the wounded warrior hunt. Other than that, I think I should be good.

#8 OFFLINE   Cousin Brown

Cousin Brown

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 05:10 PM

LOL  I started that thread!

• Like x 1
  • List
Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

#9 Male OFFLINE   Hatchet

Hatchet

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 05:30 PM

There isn't very many people I respect on that site but TEle was one of the good ones ! I would've loved to hang out with him talk'n hunt'n , fish'n n the outdoors in general ! Matty he's just ok ! lol j/k lot of respect for Matty , If he post something about hunt'n I definately read !

Edited by Hatchet, 09/13/13 - 06:04 PM.

• Like x 2
  • List
You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

#10 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 10,594 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 06:12 PM

I have to agree with you guys, Tom Elefante was an absolutely tremendous guy.  I was lucky enough to spend some time with him both fishing and hiking, and was in awe just being around him...such amazing wealth of knowledge and great character.  I think of him every year and can even think back to fishing for trout one opener on the Musky where we glanced across the street at a nice saddle in the woods, and he said "Now that would be a great spot come November"...I think of that moment every time I come across a saddle in the woods now.

• Like x 2
  • List

#11 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 06:31 PM

JB was my room mate in WY last year. What he said to me was this.." Want to get to know someone well?, spend a week with them at hunting camp."
Words were never so true. We had a great time together.

I should post some pics of that trip...
  • Like x 3
  • List

#12 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 09/13/13 - 07:16 PM

I should post some pics of that trip...

Yes you should.  :up: