IGNORED

Sykk Physh 8/12 Good times on the water..

Sykk Physh

Well today I run another open boat. So at the last minute two guys cancelled... Big mistake.. So I took Chuck and Chris out on the hunt for Bluefins. After an early departure and a great flat calm run out to grounds, I was greeted to plenty of life. First stop was great marks , no takers , second stop was game on. Both Chuck and Chris came tight on tuna..now it go really interesting when I was also hooked up making 3 fish on.. Lucky for me, mine came unbutton.. Now this was Chuck's first time tuna fishing. He was doing extremely well handling the tuna..Chris was working his to the boat slowly before it dumped the spool.. Welcome to Bluefin fishing. After some care line control around the boat ..Chuck first tuna kissed steel, nice 47" fish , then Chris's hit the deck and release after pics , 44" fish.. We made a quick move and Chuck was tight again , soon followers by Chris tight also.. Both fish were in the 45" range pics and release.. We reset and tight again.. Another fish I the 46" range which released boat side. And then just like that the switch went off..

I searched around for 6 hrs before finding some fish pushing water. While on troll we were able to pick up a small Mahi.. Once we saw the tuna pushing water and great marks on the bottom. Pulled in the spread and dropped metal. Chuck comes tight and I knew instantly we had a good one. After 20 mins, Chuck was beat up and unfortunate was losing the battle.. He handed me the rod and said Capt. Get Him in the boat. Well after some time on the rod Chuck and Chris stuck him with steel. We just boated a 55" fish .. Talk about having a good day .. Chris Dropped down and tight again.. After another fight for a bit we released another quality 50" fish.. Finally with some weather moving we headed for home ..

Enjoy the pics.

Capt. Joe

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Sykk Physh

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

I was hoping to beat you to this post Capt. Joe but I've been working like crazy. Everything above is spot on, except Capt. Joe left out how hard he busted his ass. He was extremely patient with my inexperience and instructed me in everything from jigging to working and landing the fish. At one point I had that big 55inch tuna wrapped around the motor, but Capt. stayed cool, dumped a couple hundred feet off the spool , released the slack line, and gave me the opportunity to gaff my first tuna.It's been three days and I still can't get the smile off my face. As soon as I can lift my hands above my head again, I'll be giving you a call  for round two.  Chris and I went home coolers full of delicious tuna loins. Thanks again Capt.