IGNORED

Verey ODD Fishing Today2/21/2018

1957Buck

Wow, almost 80 Degrees Light winds. Was going the Wreck Pond for White Perch. But stayed close to Home for Lazy Day. got to my Secret Spot :shakehead: The Chairs someone put there were still there Talk about Lazy, Settled in with 2 Light Rods Reels 4 LB test between my Cataracts Numb Fingers doing Sinch knot takes forever. Walked the bank casting Trout Magnet Flor- Green nothing Settled in by the Chair near outfall 2 Casts Fish on. Had no Idea what was on the hook took my time Landed the fish at first had no idea what it was just this strange looking fish with Rainbow looking markings on its side And Supper Slimy. This fish looked just like the ones we Caught there in Winter Trout Stocking Dark Fat Stubby looing but this one at least had a Rainbow Pattern. its belly was like Bloated as if it was full of Milt or Eggs. spent another 2 hours 3 1/2 in all Nada. and some 7 other guys spread out and Nada for them.

Got Home to do an Autopsy :shakehead: Used dollar bill for sizing The Stomach was Empty. had tiny Milt Sack. After my Autopsy report was final The Bulging was Fat deposits. It was Male. It one Freakish Trout that matched what we Caught in the 2016 winter stocking.

My question is Where TF did NJDFAG get these FU Trout. Never ever did I ever Catch a Trout looking like these. :cupcoffee:

Put in Freezer with a Bunch of other winters wondering if I should Cook and Eat Them.

PS had some Koi in my pond FU like this caused by a nearby lightning strike.

trout 3.jpg

Trout 10.jpg

Trout 7.jpg

trout 4.jpg

Trut 5.jpg

Conors Trout.jpg

Edited by Live to Hunt

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Seen it in NY and NJ both brown and rainbows. One trout I had checked out probably 20 years ago or more I kept it and called NY DEC.They said it came from jersey lol The stream flowed through both states. They never told me what was wrong but suspected whirling disease. But that fish was a lot worse looking than yours.. 

LOL, Pequest turns out more of these than you may know, but they try to cull them in-house as best they can.  Just like any animal rearing including humans, if you raise 600,000 trout each year, you're sure to have a few mutants.  :)

It is a genetic defect and not disease that causes this.