IGNORED

Pack Boots

Silver Belly62

I have 2 pairs of Schnees, (Extreme and Guide ADV),  and 1 pair of Hoffmans, (just their pack boot with felt liner). Mt son has the Schnee's Western Packer, (he's hard on equipment), and he loves em. All of them have the airbob sole. The Hoffmans perform well, and I use them for all my outdoor activities when there's snow on the ground, running a chainsaw, etc, very adequate boot. When I first open the box of Schnee's, it's like they're a piece of art. I do some leather work, and the Schnee's are beautiful. Just Higher quality. Better leather. Nicer stitching. The felt liners are better. Just a better boot.

without me, my rifle is nothing

I have 2 pairs of Schnees, (Extreme and Guide ADV),  and 1 pair of Hoffmans, (just their pack boot with felt liner). Mt son has the Schnee's Western Packer, (he's hard on equipment), and he loves em. All of them have the airbob sole. The Hoffmans perform well, and I use them for all my outdoor activities when there's snow on the ground, running a chainsaw, etc, very adequate boot. When I first open the box of Schnee's, it's like they're a piece of art. I do some leather work, and the Schnee's are beautiful. Just Higher quality. Better leather. Nicer stitching. The felt liners are better. Just a better boot.

Ok thanks, do you find that they run true to size when ordering or were they tight, etc ?

for the price and quality and warmth, I really like the Kamuk Hunters. I have a pair of their Icebreakers, and would wear hunting on really cold days but just a bit bulky, whereas the hunters are lighter and although not quite as warm, are plenty warm enough for most applications unless you are in -20 and colder....

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. Never heard of them before

I grew up wearing sorels, but leather uppers aren't the best around water and I like better scent control for hunting. Kamuks are all rubber with a good removable liner you can wash and actually warmer than Sorel's, IMHO (and a helluva lot cheaper). You should be able to get them around $40 give or take a few bucks. Start with Amazon...

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Quick question...what is your planned usage? If you’re looking for something for deer stand sits in extreme cold weather, I would suggest a clunkier more heavily insulated pac boot.

If you’re gonna be doing some sort of activity in the cold or looking for something for late fall/early winter deer hunting when it’s kinda chilly but not overly cold, then I’d suggest something like a schnees pac. I love my schnees pacs. They’re amazingly well crafted and extremely durable. However, their temp ratings are way off. They aren’t the best option for sitting on the colder days of our hunting seasons.

I have had mine for about 4 years now. With a little tlc, they’re in amazing shape. A buddy of mine has had his schnees bison hunters for much longer and uses them a lot more than I use mine. He wears them to work and for a ton of other outdoor activities in the cooler weather. The only thing he’s had to have done is have the rubber bottoms replaced as the tread wore out. Basically now has a brand new pair of boots that will last him for years to come.

Quick question...what is your planned usage? 

I've been using these pack boots for many years and mostly when I'm hunting in Maine during the rifle season and also some when deer hunting here, along with other outdoor activities when its colder out. I've made out better with them because my feet don't sweat as much, then get cold. I've used a variety of knee rubber boots over the years and haven't found one yet I like. These pack boots I'm replacing were made by Lacrosse and look much like the Schnee's/Kenetrek ones but stopped making them a long time ago, can't remember the model.

Edited by Silver Belly62