IGNORED

Ticks already

rgw

RGW ever do an old myth of dragging a white diaper around in the areas you hunt Said to attract Ticks just to see the Population noting more.  My yard 100 x 200 I treat with a product called Talstar If it Crawls- Flys it is Dead do it mainly for Stink Bugs that have almost been eradicated on my property.  Plus have not seen a Tick in Years even with deer walking through my yard. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Got a 2gl sprayer filled with permethrin mix ready to go.  Walked a river bottom today without getting any, but that place was mostly covered with water.  Going to spray my clothes that I use for scouting before going back out again.  It's cut down the number of ticks on me by 99%, and the 1% I found on my clothes was dead.  

I put the deer in a jet sled that was sprayed with permethrin before putting the deer in the truck, then keep the sled under the deer while butchering, giving the carcass a spray down before disposing of it.

Edited by Greybeard

I can't believe in this day and age people still complain about ticks. Esp. with Permethrin, Deet and ryno skin available. They even have cheese cloth and re-washable game bags to contain ticks in your garage before butchering.

Not so much Complaining as many have light to Sever reactions to many of the Repellants. Deet in all its forms 100% - 10% has a bad name and reputation Some even Died from the reactions of Deet. any years ago In Alaska, I would Put a Drop of 100% on the bill of my cap.  If it can Melt Plastic No Thanks.  Ps Alaska was one of the Few States that allowed 100%. 

I use Skinsosoft Laundry Drier softening Cloths. And Carry an Epi-Pen for Stings and Bites.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif