IGNORED

Monmouth county public land?

jerseybowhunter

I’m looking to head more north and try hunting public land up around Monmouth county, I did some shed hunting there this past weekend and the woods look incredible, found deer highways, lots of rubs, nice rolling hills with creek bottoms, totally different than the pines that I’m used to hunting and seems like a better deer herd and better bucks. I was just curious if anyone here hunts the area and can give me any tips, hows the pressure during the rut? I was looking at turkey swamp park. Looks like a decent piece with some farmland close by. Monmouth battlefield looks really good but from what I understand, there is no bow season till winter bow. Feel free to pm me, I’m not looking for your honey hole, just your experience with the public land in that area

Stay the F%^k out of Monmouth county, we have enough invaders from NY and no one hunts here anyway.   Go up and see JH or HH,  :praying: .   

The Monmouth county park system has a deer hunting program and some of the parks butt up against awesome private land.  Check out google earth and you can see for yourself.  STAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Olny experience in Monmouth county is private land that butts up to county park.. plenty of deer and some good bucks but I have had more issues from guys stealing stands and cams coming I from county than i ever did on state land in ocean. I hunt with a climber there now no cams no lock ons

If you hear a deer grunt or antlers rattling it is probably another hunter in Monmouth county parks lol! Also try not to trip over the bait piles. Wait till exactly 9:00 am during the rut to watch the woods come alive with bi fat hunters walking around the woods farting and smoking cigarettes.

Also don’t be Alarmed if you find huge piles of feces, they are more than likely from the numerous humans who hunt the parks. I can’t tell you how many times I pulled into the hunters parking lot in the morning to see guys deficating...think twice before you shake a fellow hunters hand in there! Sorry to rant...I loved hunting the parks but a few years after crossbows were legalized, they just went to shit with disrespectful hunters and newbs who have no idea what they are doing besides screwing up my hunt.

JBH, I've bowhunted Monmouth County Parks a few years ago. Some nice looking pieces of land adjacent to ag. and horse farms. The pressure on some of the parcels can be intense with lots of lock-on stands left over night and moldy f____g baitpiles. If you can find a little corner or hidey hole during the rut it may be worth a shot with a little luck. Hunt with a Climber since your preferred spot might be claimed by a lazy hunter with C'meer powder on his lips.

Your going to be in for some culture shock going from public land in the pines to public land in Monmouth county. Sure it looks great. But because of that reason it gets hammered. I used hunt turkey swamp. Stopped hunting there about ten years ago and headed south because of the crowds and bullshit. I hear Monmouth county parks are ok. That's if your fine with stands 30 yards apart.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Edited by bill43

While walking the park system I did find lots of stands close together, all covered with orange ribbon I guess to find their stands? I was hoping to find a honey hole away from other hunters. I’m not afraid to walk. But I agree, public land in the pines, I rarely see other hunters and if I do, they usually are a good ways off. I’m going to scout/shed hunt turkey swamp in a few weeks and see if I can get deep enough to get away from other hunters

I'm sorry, I just can't get past the statement "I'm heading up north to Monmouth county".  Monmouth ain't "up north", they eat pork roll.  

:offtopic:   I always Considered everything BelowThe Manasquan River to Be South. Anything above the Raritan River to be North and all in Between Gods Country.

Across The Hudson and Delaware River from Camden No Mans Land.  :stirring:  :poke:  :focus:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif