IGNORED

Teriyaki Venison stir fry

JHbowhunter

It’s getting to the point we need a NJWW cookbook of game recipes. This was real simple. Cut up pack of cutlets into long narrow strips. One red pepper cut long and narrow. A small pack of sliced Portabella shrooms. Small pack of broccoli florets. One whole onion cut in half lengthwise then cut each half opposite direction into strips. Put the onion in the wok or stir fry pan with some cooking oil of your choice. Oh and by this time you should already be halfway through a pot of 20 minute Jasmine rice. Fire up the wok/pan at high heat and when the onions start to sizzle toss in the venison and stir fry until it all starts to brown then toss in the rest and keep stir frying. After a few minutes the veggies start to cook and you want to toss in about a 1/4 to half cup of teriyaki sauce and let it simmer a few more minutes. There is no exact science - depends on how long you like it cooked. Serve over rice. I make my own teriyaki with about a 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce a few tablespoons of jarred diced garlic and a few tablespoons of maple syrup or honey. Mix it up and pour. Tonight's meal was paired with a decent red Zin- but I feel like something a tad lighter like a Pinot noir would have been better but I love the red Zins.

9A29BDAD-750F-4CF8-A1C2-6F2A98127724.jpeg

D2B31394-F392-4252-9698-1CF89D8C0334.jpeg

C25545E4-4AE9-4B22-B7D1-B3A93B14770C.jpeg

9A9DA902-2724-4391-A08C-AC6EBB74F559.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….