• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

String Walking?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   jerseyhunter

jerseyhunter

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 11:28 AM

When I started shooting back in the late 60's I purchased the Archer's Bible by Fred Bear, very informative with pictures. About 50 yrs later and I still have it in my book case tattered but the original. I also acquired a second copy many years later,  because some things never change.

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1
  • List

#22 Male OFFLINE   TDietz

TDietz

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 02:00 PM

Is that before or after the happy ending?

depends on how much your willing to pay

• Funny x 1
  • List

without me, my rifle is nothing

#23 Male OFFLINE   TDietz

TDietz

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 02:08 PM

When I started shooting back in the late 60's I purchased the Archer's Bible by Fred Bear, very informative with pictures. About 50 yrs later and I still have it in my book case tattered but the original. I also acquired a second copy many years later,  because some things never change.

damn, you're old!! haha  I bought my Archer's Bible about 4 years after I started bowhunting, my father didn't bowhunt, but my two older brothers did, and without any mentors let's just say we should have owned one sooner! that's where I learned that broadheads had to be sharpened! among other vital information. My mother threw my original out, I'm sure she thought it was blasphemous, but I got another one off ebay 

• Like x 1
  • List

without me, my rifle is nothing

#24 OFFLINE   Bill from NJ

Bill from NJ

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 03:04 PM

face walking. sounds like something you'd get a Korean massage parlor

Well, if you're into having a stinky, wet snail trail left across your face, enjoy.

What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is your business.

That is between you and your wallet. :up:

Edited by Bill from NJ, 02/13/18 - 04:11 PM.

• Funny x 1
  • List

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

#25 Male OFFLINE   Swampbuck

Swampbuck

Fawn

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 04:36 PM

Any trad guys string walk at all? I'm just starting to get into trad archery and watched this guys video. Its very informative and he mainly talks and breaks down his technique of string walking and using a "25 yard fixed crawl". It is surprisingly accurate and for just starting out I am shooting some pretty solid groups out to 20 yards.  Just curious if anyone else is shooting this technique. I know trad archery is " journey" for everyone.  Around 1:05 he talks specifically about it in a little more detail.

https://www.youtube....h?v=1E1vKkSSoNs

Hey Mallard ! When i first started trad many years ago, i tried three under, walking but the best that worked for me in the end was split finger, 100 % instinctively.
  • Agree x 2
  • List

#26 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 04:50 PM

Hey Mallard ! When i first started trad many years ago, i tried three under, walking but the best that worked for me in the end was split finger, 100 % instinctively.

:agree:  :agree:  :agree:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users