• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Teamsters form "Sanctuary Union"

49 replies to this topic

#1 Male ONLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 12:28 PM

Wow.  Just wow.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3813201

Edited by Haskell_Hunter, 02/11/18 - 12:28 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#2 Male OFFLINE   Lunatic

Lunatic

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 12:48 PM

This tells me they have many illegals in their union. Teamsters, as many unions, are in trouble. Too many people on take after retiring and not enough people working to pay for them so they are desperate for members.  I see the same thing in NJ labor union. It is very hard to find English speaking workers.

• Agree x 1
  • List

#3 Male ONLINE   T10R4

T10R4

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 01:22 PM

I personally know a company who has to ask drivers (tractor/trailers) for id, license upon arrival. Facility does 40+ trailers daily. Every other driver has same I'd, Juan Garcia or something to that effect, same address, same dob, etc. Unions today only looking for $$$$$.
  • Agree x 2
  • Optimistic x 1
  • Dislike x 1
  • List

#4 Male ONLINE   T10R4

T10R4

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 02:08 PM

Sorry, was talking teamster Union not unions....
  • Agree x 1
  • List

#5 Male OFFLINE   Batsto

Batsto

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 02:42 PM

Interesting.....I wonder if the rank and file voted for this? Many progressive liberals at leadership positions these days.

#6 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 03:16 PM

Imagine if illegals put as much effort in to becoming citizens as they did with breaking the law and finding ways to keep on breaking the law?
  • Winner x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Like x 1
  • Funny x 1
  • List

"that helpful a**hole"

#7 Male OFFLINE   Batsto

Batsto

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 03:21 PM

They better start arresting elected officials that harbor illegals. Getting tired of the double standards. We should refuse to pay our taxes. I wonder if they would give Americans Santuary from taxes.

Edited by Batsto, 02/11/18 - 03:27 PM.

• Like x 2
  • Funny x 1
  • List

#8 Male OFFLINE   NotJust22s

NotJust22s

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 05:28 PM

What do you expect, all unions are dying so they gotta grab the $$ wherever they can.
  • Disturbing x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • List

#9 Male OFFLINE   Mixbaghunter

Mixbaghunter

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 05:43 PM

All about the money

#10 Male OFFLINE   NotJust22s

NotJust22s

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 06:26 PM

What do you expect, all unions are dying so they gotta grab the $$ wherever they can.

HA !! Looks like a Union Memeber found my post disturbing.

#11 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 07:22 PM

They better start arresting elected officials that harbor illegals. Getting tired of the double standards. We should refuse to pay our taxes. I wonder if they would give Americans Santuary from taxes.

It will NEVER happen in NJ, it is a lost cause here, you are outnumbered.  Illegals were a group that democrats used to be against protecting because they wanted to protect wages from dropping, protect jobs etc.   Now, because of the all the old constituents the dems have lost they have to turn somewhere in order to hope they stay in office.  If legalization happens, they will have a new power base.  Try not paying your taxes and see what happens.  I bet Murphy won't show up to fight for you like he does when ICE arrests illegals. 

#12 Male OFFLINE   Zipper

Zipper

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 07:35 PM

Imagine if illegals put as much effort in to becoming citizens as they did with breaking the law and finding ways to keep on breaking the law?

Or put some effort into cleaning up the shithole countries from whence they came.
  • Agree x 2
  • List
"All men die, not all men really live". WW

#13 Male OFFLINE   Lunatic

Lunatic

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 07:38 PM

It will NEVER happen in NJ, it is a lost cause here, you are outnumbered.  Illegals were a group that democrats used to be against protecting because they wanted to protect wages from dropping, protect jobs etc.   Now, because of the all the old constituents the dems have lost they have to turn somewhere in order to hope they stay in office.  If legalization happens, they will have a new power base.  Try not paying your taxes and see what happens.  I bet Murphy won't show up to fight for you like he does when ICE arrests illegals. 

Unions used the same BS argument. Now they look the other way for $$

• Funny x 1
  • List

#14 Male OFFLINE   tcook8296

tcook8296

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 08:32 PM

I was in the Teamsters 863 for 16 years. They could care less about the members. Its all about their union dues.

Edited by tcook8296, 02/11/18 - 08:33 PM.

• Agree x 3
  • Like x 1
  • List

#15 Male OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 09:25 PM

There are a lot of tractors sitting idle with nobody to drive them. Why?

#16 Male OFFLINE   Dave B.

Dave B.

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 10:44 PM

I have felt that way from the start! Any elected official who protects illegals has by definition become a criminal by harboring fugitives from federal law. Lock them ALL up along with their precious illegals! Anyone who declares their town to be a 'sanctuary city' has made a public declaration of defiance of federal law. Guilty! Lock them up.

#17 Male OFFLINE   smoking gun

smoking gun

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 02/11/18 - 10:50 PM

Unions crack me up their about morals and integrity when a vast majority are so corrupt and greedy and feel entitled.we have a former tanker driver who was union and now employed by us his antics are gonna lead him to the unemployment line shortly.

#18 Male ONLINE   MRMCR

MRMCR

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 02/12/18 - 06:41 AM

Simply unbelievable.....the ordinary  hard working American citizen can only take so much of this bull shit....keep talking it up and getitng the truth out there is definitely making a difference....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

#19 Male OFFLINE   Lunatic

Lunatic

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 02/12/18 - 08:32 AM

Unions crack me up their about morals and integrity when a vast majority are so corrupt and greedy and feel entitled.we have a former tanker driver who was union and now employed by us his antics are gonna lead him to the unemployment line shortly.

Morals and integrity are just their slogans. They are a tiny portion of our labor force refusing to work under rules of free market economy. They basically deny the vast majority of Americans the right to work.

• Funny x 1
  • List

#20 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 02/12/18 - 09:26 AM

Unions had and maybe still have their place, but they aren't as strong as they once was. Been a member of Policemen's Benevolent Association for 22.5 years, over these years they have become weaker, and weaker, once I retire I refuse to continue my membership with PBA Local 600 which for those that retire, they did nothing while I worked once I retire what the hell will they do for me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users