IGNORED

Looking for a pup

Good Luck.  Take you time with it and get a dog with good bloodlines for hunting/FTC/hunt.  It'll be worth it in the long run.  I bought my first hunting lab this year and it has made training so much easier for me because she has delivered to hand and wanted to retrieve from the time she was 6 weeks old.  I researched several breeders in my search and looked at Red Lion Kennels, Churn Creek Retrievers, Duck Hill kennels, Wildrose Kennels.  There are so many.  I have friends who have bought several from Duckhill Kennels and will only buy from there.  Expect to pay 1,500 to 2,500 from these breeders.  

I'd be careful with backyard breeders unless you know they have a history of producing quality hunting dogs and have the bloodlines. 

Edited by FowlHooked

Check out St Hubert's - they have a place in Bridgewater and one near Morristown.

https://www.sthuberts.org

Landed up looking into st Hubert’s after you mentioned them. I had gotten a great house dog from them about ten years ago...anyway turns out they had one lab pup 9weeks old . Went over and played with the pup for awhile and landed up leaving with her... meet Dixie

post-1681-0-04319800-1518392348_thumb.jpeg

that is awesome.  For you, for the pup, and for NJWW... Great recommendation by Madeinuk!!!!  

Good luck to you and Dixie, I bet she makes a great pet, and if you can train her to hunt/retrieve -that's just a bonus. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Landed up looking into st Hubert’s after you mentioned them. I had gotten a great house dog from them about ten years ago...anyway turns out they had one lab pup 9weeks old . Went over and played with the pup for awhile and landed up leaving with her... meet Dixie

She's adorable duck, congratulations on your new addition to the family and best of luck with her.   :up:  :up: