IGNORED

Rod builders

Codaboy

Hello, long time lurker here! Finally posting to a thread I feel I can add too. I am new to Rod Building, but have been a tinkerer all my life. I caught the rod building bug this past year bad and have spun up 6 rods from light freshwater, to an offshore sea bass rod. All are MHX Blanks from mudhole. A few for myself and a few gifts for family and friends. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of these blanks. They don't break the bank, fish well and finish well. Thanks for looking, here are a few I twisted up so far

Lou

post-2253-0-22158000-1517961693_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-07224600-1517961732_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-74666300-1517961758_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-29299100-1517961827_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-42757600-1517961881_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-23262800-1517961920_thumb.jpg

I have always wanted to start building my own rods. but im sure if I did I would finally break the bank,

as I would be making a new one every week.

Luckily I have a very good builder ( who is also reasonably priced) so I limit it to a half dozen rods or so a season lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Hello, long time lurker here! Finally posting to a thread I feel I can add too. I am new to Rod Building, but have been a tinkerer all my life. I caught the rod building bug this past year bad and have spun up 6 rods from light freshwater, to an offshore sea bass rod. All are MHX Blanks from mudhole. A few for myself and a few gifts for family and friends. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of these blanks. They don't break the bank, fish well and finish well. Thanks for looking, here are a few I twisted up so far

Lou

Mice work Lou

Welcome to the site

Lou

Dang lou thats professional work right there are YOU using billy vivona s book to do your decritive wrap the diamonds look sweet welcome aboard and seeker rods will break the bank

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Good looking stuff Lou.

The problem with building rods is thats all you want to do. You end up building more then you fish. Plus it is expensive to get good. I bet I have 100 of my own rods as well as 75-100 blanks sitting in the basement.

Good looking stuff Lou.

The problem with building rods is thats all you want to do. You end up building more then you fish. Plus it is expensive to get good. I bet I have 100 of my own rods as well as 75-100 blanks sitting in the basement.

Mike one of the rewards of the building is Gifting when fishing when I saw someone with a beat up outfit I would make a fishing buddy by handing them a Nice Rod. And have seen them return the Gifting to others be it a hook Sinker or help to tie a knot. Get in touch with Codaboy maybe some trading even gifting.  Bill

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Lou

:welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:

That is some great looking Wrapping and Epoxy Coating Love the added touch with the Decals  I would also pen in The date and Nickname.  One thing I would do with the Old Rods is sand off the original Finish and Spray with Refrigerator Epoxy like 3 light coats it added not only to the undercoat but the Buildup. Sadly came in only Black & White 

Do you do all your wrapping under Power I did a lot without it?  Again Welcome  :up:  

I hate hook keepers. No way you are going to scratch a guide with todays materials. Maybe with old carbide or wire guides but not ceramic.

Disagree  :down:  why maybe the Danger of not nicking a Ceramic guide may not happen The Line going through the Guide is not safe from being Nicked by The Hook  Seen it happen all too often ever see an Air Cast off the beach as you watch your rig going off to the Horizon.   :shock:

Thank you for the kind reviews! I agree, with Mikejd, I keep buggin buddies to build them a rod . As far as the butt wraps go, a little trial and error and YouTube so fat. Would love to get to a class sometime. I'd like to tighten them up a bit and have them true. Gonna do a tiger for my next one, I'll keep ya posted!

Lou D

Edited by Lou.D

Thank you for the kind reviews! I agree, with Mikejd, I keep buggin buddies to build them a rod . As far as the butt wraps go, a little trial and error and YouTube so fat. Would love to get to a class sometime. I'd like to tighten them up a bit and have them true. Gonna do a tiger for my next one, I'll keep ya posted!

Lou D

Good luck. im working on a united composites model uc79xf i acid wrapped the fuji guides today, tomorrow will be decorative diamonds and trimbands for my daughter so she has a fluke rod fit to her.

Good luck. im working on a united composites model uc79xf i acid wrapped the fuji guides today, tomorrow will be decorative diamonds and trimbands for my daughter so she has a fluke rod fit to her.

Good stuff keep ot up. UC makes some great blanks.