IGNORED

Rod builders

Codaboy

Good class to go to! Billy and the NERBs have been building rods for a long time. Everyone always speaks highly of his builds. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir billy is one of the best

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

that's a hobby I wish I had more time for, which for whatever reason I only had when I was in my late teens living with my parents...

Im a stage 4 throat cancer survivor. dr had to remove my voice box because it was riddled so i found a new hobbie building fishing rods thanks to 1957buck

Been going to Billy for probably 10 years now. He has taught many guys how to be a good rod builder. Very few can hold a candle to his skill though. He does know how to teach though. I build alot of rods now because what I have learned from him and all the guys at his gatherings. My problem now is that most of his gatherings are at the start of fall when we are all chopping to get in the woods. I usually make a few each year just to see the crew.

Been going to Billy for probably 10 years now. He has taught many guys how to be a good rod builder. Very few can hold a candle to his skill though. He does know how to teach though. I build alot of rods now because what I have learned from him and all the guys at his gatherings. My problem now is that most of his gatherings are at the start of fall when we are all chopping to get in the woods. I usually make a few each year just to see the crew.

He and bob from grumpys had a nice gathering on Saturday. very instructive on how to build a surf rod, rep from fuji, owner of fiberstar rods, and rod geeks owners were all there a lot of info was to be had

He and bob from grumpys had a nice gathering on Saturday. very instructive on how to build a surf rod, rep from fuji, owner of fiberstar rods, and rod geeks owners were all there a lot of info was to be had

Sent from my SM-T550 using tapatalk quote]

Bob another great guy as well as John from Fibrestar. John is like a mad scientist of rod blank construction. I actually know john the longest. Met him on a jetty 12, 13 years ago. He kind of hooked me up with billy as I was new at the building scene back then.

Edited by mikejd

Im a stage 4 throat cancer survivor. dr had to remove my voice box because it was riddled so i found a new hobbie building fishing rods thanks to 1957buck

I built and rebuilt many rods over the years  Bogans Point pleasant held Classes. From attending a few became self-taught.  Even The Tools-Bench-To the Rotater Motor were home built. 

I would scourer Garage and Fea Markets looking for Rods that I would completely strip down to there blanks. Respline them and rebuild them kept a few and gave 90% away to people I met over the years willing to help others.

Years took over Fingers not working as they once did. 

So I posted all my equipment Free to a good home.  Some confusion occurred within PMs. back and forth. That I apologized for.

But when Codaboy expressed his wanting it all. I am happy he kept his word and is Doing Just Fine with it.   

I hope he continues with helping others as I did. 

Codaboy if I can Suggest adding a hook keeper on your rods never Hook a Guide bad habits Nicked Lines Scratched Guides.  :up:

post-1667-151793214183.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I built and rebuilt many rods over the years Bogans Point pleasant held Classes. From attending a few became self-taught. Even The Tools-Bench-To the Rotater Motor were home built.

I would scourer Garage and Fea Markets looking for Rods that I would completely strip down to there blanks. Respline them and rebuild them kept a few and gave 90% away to people I met over the years willing to help others.

Years took over Fingers not working as they once did.

So I posted all my equipment Free to a good home. Some confusion occurred within PMs. back and forth. That I apologized for.

But when Codaboy expressed his wanting it all. I am happy he kept his word and is Doing Just Fine with it.

I hope he continues with helping others as I did.

Codaboy if I can Suggest adding a hook keeper on your rods never Hook a Guide bad habits Nicked Lines Scratched Guides. :up:

I got lazy on it, i should have wraped one on