IGNORED

Venison Back-Strap Pizzaiola (pix)

Hunter115522

What a great meal this was! If you like backstraps (who doesn't??), if you like hot cherry peppers, if you like onions, garlic, and tomato sauce.. you GOTTA try this.

So a quick recipe..

Salt and Pepper your backstrap. Put a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet, and heat it up. Let oil get hot, but not smoking. Cook the backstrap 1 min per side, remove. Add a little more oil, and cook onions and garlic about 4-5 min. Add the chopped up hot cherry peppers. Stir consistently, and let it go for about 5 min. Add crushed tomatoes of your liking, I used crushed plum. Also add a little tomatoe paste, maybe a tea spoon, or 3. Now add a splash of red wine... or more.. let this simmer 15 min on med heat. Add the backstrap back, and let it cook about 3 min per side, depending on how you like it cooked.. I like mine rare. Remove the backstrap again, and cut into about 1/4 or 1/2 inch medallions. Let the sauce go another 5-10 min. Put some sauce on the bottom of the plate, then add the medallions, then top with more sauce, and fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.

Thank you for sharing looks delicious

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk