IGNORED

DIY Arizona Coues Deer

Colt45

This hunt started out with a call to my buddy Mark asking if he was interested in doing a Coues Deer hunt in Az. We had talked about it the year before but never made any plans. So in the middle of December we booked airfare and headed west to tuscon.

Mark did a lot of homework on google earth and found some likely places to start scouting. He was out here a few days before me and had a couple places checked out that looked promising. Stands were set and the waiting game began.

Mark saw a few deer each sit and passed on two small bucks. I had only seen one doe in 2 days of sitting from dark to dark. We relocated and found two water holes with fresh sign and set up ground blinds . The first sit for Mark he saw 5 doe and a small 3x1. The next day we were back at it and at 130 I had a buck come to water. I didn’t waste anytime getting my bow up and drawn. At 21 yards the shot was good and he dropped. Another quick arrow anchored him and I called mark right away. Soon it was high fives and laughing. I couldn’t believe it.

Arizona is such a cool place to hunt and I can’t wait to head back next year. This time I’m waiting for a big one! I saw a group of javalina and a coyote too.

Mark has one more day to hunt and we fly home on Feb 1st.

post-2110-0-59734500-1517363676_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Colt45

This hunt started out with a call to my buddy Mark asking if he was interested in doing a Coues Deer hunt in Az. We had talked about it the year before but never made any plans. So in the middle of December we booked airfare and headed west to tuscon.

Mark did a lot of homework on google earth and found some likely places to start scouting. He was out here a few days before me and had a couple places checked out that looked promising. Stands were set and the waiting game began.

Mark saw a few deer each sit and passed on two small bucks. I had only seen one doe in 2 days of sitting from dark to dark. We relocated and found two water holes with fresh sign and set up ground blinds . The first sit for Mark he saw 5 doe and a small 3x1. The next day we were back at it and at 130 I had a buck come to water. I didn’t waste anytime getting my bow up and drawn. At 21 yards the shot was good and he dropped. Another quick arrow anchored him and I called mark right away. Soon it was high fives and laughing. I couldn’t believe it.

Arizona is such a cool place to hunt and I can’t wait to head back next year. This time I’m waiting for a big one! I saw a group of javalina and a coyote too.

Mark has one more day to hunt and we fly home on Feb 1st.

attachicon.gif67054BE9-D295-4A70-9254-0FEF578848A2.jpegattachicon.gif67054BE9-D295-4A70-9254-0FEF578848A2.jpegattachicon.gif67054BE9-D295-4A70-9254-0FEF578848A2.jpeg

Nice rack for couse buck

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk