IGNORED

Let there be light! And thicket!

That place is gonna be a jungle soon. :up::up:

This patch I did up front.

My wife went to get s haircut so I figured I would cut s bunch while she wasn't around to tell me not to.

Best to ask for forgiveness than permission ;)

Shes not thrilled but knows it will be better for all in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This patch I did up front.

My wife went to get s haircut so I figured I would cut s bunch while she wasn't around to tell me not to.

Best to ask for forgiveness than permission ;)

Shes not thrilled but knows it will be better for all in the long run.

Leave 5-10 yards of uncut trees as a buffer and she'll never know.   :rofl:  :rofl:

Seriously though, that area will really benefit from some thinning.  You better have not cut any of those cedars though.   :letsparty:

The place will definately thicken up with canopy opening up. Seems like most of your trees are snapping off. Hopefully you dont take my criticism the wrong way, I think you are cutting too far on the trees. The stumps will sprout new growth either way, I like to keep the hinged part of the tree alive. Cut just enough to pull or push the tree over and if possible help it to the ground. The hinged top of the tree will continue to sprout vegetation at ground level. Deer will eat it and bed under the tops

www.liftxrentals.com

Many of trees were pretty big... they came down with force. I cut and run once it starts to go.

I'm usually alone and don't wanna get injured cause this method is not safe.

The smaller trees I try and drop slowly, but even then some woods just fold and snap..

Hickory and maple seem to be the best to hinge.. the rest snap on me ..

Its all in he cut Jay....and the back cut

When hinge cutting you don't notch the tree, you just slice through, level, and let gravity peel the bark into an arch as it falls. Very dangerous for risk of kickback.

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Trophy,  the purpose of hinge cutting is as T Cook posted, your trying to not cut through the tree so it is still getting fed from its root system.

Turns the tree into a thick bush when it starts to regrow, giving much more cover as well as low browse.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Jay it seems those ash trees tend to snap, but nothing easier than a good maple or elm, but looks like you dropped some maples?  You and I both have a lot of ash - Fredon  Township is loaded with ash. Oaks I would leave unless it's a pin oak or a dying red or white. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….