IGNORED

I need info on a fair chase pig hunt maybe in Georgia. Anyone?

Bowhunter2004

Anyone hunt pigs in GA? I’m trying to put a quick hunt together for me and a few old friends that moved to NC away from NJ years ago.... I’m looking for an outfitted hunt with very high success. My friends haven’t hunted in quite a few years, I want it to be action packed polluted with pigs. Anyone know of such a place? I’m thinking this shouldn’t be to hard to find, am I wrong? Thank you in advance.

I hunt friends land in Ga every year for last 9yrs. Slugsnarrows is going down there to hunt with a buddy of mine and stau at his cabin. He will be there last week of Feb if you wanma ask him if he liked it. If you want a fully guided thermal hunt call JagerPro. $550 no limit, private land all their gear, same town i hunt. We have killed close to 100 hogs in 9yrs

I hunt friends land in Ga every year for last 9yrs. Slugsnarrows is going down there to hunt with a buddy of mine and stau at his cabin. He will be there last week of Feb if you wanma ask him if he liked it. If you want a fully guided thermal hunt call JagerPro. $550 no limit, private land all their gear, same town i hunt. We have killed close to 100 hogs in 9yrs

Matt turned me on to this outfitter down there. I’ve never hog hunted but Matt speaks highly of him. I have ZERO info on success cause as Matt said I’m booked last week of Feb into first few days of March! I would be happy to share info on how it was once done! I am going with my dad and 3 friends so it will be 5 of us. Nice size group, should be able to give a fair assessment.

Thanks again Matt for all your help, knowledge and support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a fair number of hogs in Georgia, but nowhere the density that they have in Florida or Texas. Best areas are close to Brunswick/Savannah. Hunting from a stand can be tough, hogs are mostly nocturnal. Night vision is feast or famine, you could drive around all night and find nothing, or you could get into a few groups. Best bet in my opinion is find a reputable outfitter with dogs. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

First pic is 1 night in 2016

Second 1 night in 2015

Me and my dad, he uses a red light i use NV.

Texas is the place for massive numbers. I have hunted Fla and the areas i found hogs was so thick youd never be able to still hunt or spot and stalk. But that was no outfitter no guide, i just found a guy on GON.COM that had hogs at his deer lease and wanted some killed

20160222_225758.jpg

20150313_001253.jpg

I hunted So. Carolina pigs for many years but I am done with it. They are completely nocturnal now and hunting at night with lights, or during the day with dogs is not my thing. I understand GA is experiencing the same thing. Last two times I went, 3 guys and a total of 10 days only one of us saw one single pig, while hunting from stands morning and evening, and the place is loaded with pigs with signs everywhere. When you talk to the outfitter ask him abut daylight success rate.  

I hunted So. Carolina pigs for many years but I am done with it. They are completely nocturnal now and hunting at night with lights, or during the day with dogs is not my thing. I understand GA is experiencing the same thing. Last two times I went, 3 guys and a total of 10 days only one of us saw one single pig, while hunting from stands morning and evening, and the place is loaded with pigs with signs everywhere. When you talk to the outfitter ask him abut daylight success rate.

Wow! That sucks. I’m so glad I asked... I’m reevaluating. Thank you to all who took the time to post.