IGNORED

A goose hunter is born

A-5 Pemberton

26731692_10156352990352590_3415235774707

So my wife loves to eat duck and goose. I noticed the new(at least to me) apprentice license and asked if she wanted to join me sometime. Duck hunting didn't go so well as the condition/location were never good. Didn't want to start her off in a sneakbox right away so we gave the blind a shot a few times. Plus....hitting a duck is not the easiest thing to do.

So fast forward to this morning. Nice late start as the birds haven't been moving till at least 8am. Her kind of hunting she said. I let her do most of the shooting and finally she connected with one!! This after a few no so pleasant misses. The Mrs. is kind of competitive. She made me start shooting and after my limit, two came sailing in perfect after two beautiful passes. Take 'em I say and one shot later, her second is laying in the decoys. Had to call it at that point and left them flying for later in the week. She was really happy and her and my daughter will be taking the course proper this summer. Add another waterfowler to our ranks.