IGNORED

West Virginia camping experience anyone?

Wallew

Do any of you have any first hand experience camping in West Virginia?

Starting to plan a camping trip for March/April with the family. Looking to go somewhere new and thinking about West Virginia.

We will pretty much be car camping. Looking for state park recommendations. Will just want to hang out, go hiking and fishing. If anyone can recommend any points of interest I would also be appreciate suggestions

When you are canoeing and hear banjos playing start paddling faster................boy.............

Can’t be much different than being around some of the guys from the NE part of the state. Sitting around waxing their backs, then sitting around drinking home made alcohol and then commenting how much they like to watch another man chop and stack wood.

Do any of you have any first hand experience camping in West Virginia?

Starting to plan a camping trip for March/April with the family. Looking to go somewhere new and thinking about West Virginia.

We will pretty much be car camping. Looking for state park recommendations. Will just want to hang out, go hiking and fishing. If anyone can recommend any points of interest I would also be appreciate suggestions

Why don't you look into Assateaque and Chinoteague island in Virginia. Good camping, beautiful area. You will wake up with horses around you car:-)

Got beat to with the Deliverance joke. When my dad was in college down in Virginia he was out fly fishing camping studying for exams when he ran into some moonshiners at their still making a batch of Elderberry moonshine they called it, he was more or less forced to sit and chat while enjoying the nectar of Appalachia.

Edited by Sticks n' Stones2

What part of the state are you interested in?  I've camped in several places in WV.  Went to college out there 20+ years ago and bought a lifetime hunting license when I was a student.  I went back to hunt/fish every year for the first 15 or so years after school.  Now I get out there once every 2-3 years.

I went to college in WV, albeit 25 years ago. We used to camp all over. But one to the best places was Seneca Rock/ Creek area. Also down by New River Bridge (great rafting and fishing). 

Audra State Park is incredible. 

https://wvstateparks...dra-state-park/

Me too, Davis & Elkins College.  Class of 1990.  Beautiful area.  

You can't shoot them from the couch.

What part of the state are you interested in?  I've camped in several places in WV.  Went to college out there 20+ years ago and bought a lifetime hunting license when I was a student.  I went back to hunt/fish every year for the first 15 or so years after school.  Now I get out there once every 2-3 years.

It really sure what part of the state. That’s why I was asking for suggestions.