IGNORED

Building a trout rod?

Uplandhunter75

From what I gather you are not building but putting a Rod and Reel Outfit together. For NJ & PA Trout Fishing for $150 Budget. Been there done it.  

There is no need to go Bunkers with what I call Designer outfits Like Orvis and such. 

My go-to lately has been The Ugly Sticks rods and Reels like Garcia and a few Like Shamo. I do have high-end ones but thay are for saltwater. 

depending on 

Go to Dicks look at the many Combos they have all ready to go. or Pick out a Rod and Reel The rods have Ratings printed on them use that as a guide Light Medium Heavy. Came with the reel. 

Don't leave out one factor and That is the Line that can add $25 -$40 depending on the line Fluorocarbon  Mono -Brade -. 

The Photos are but a few of what I have accumulated over the years. With many at my son's house mostly Conventional Ones 

From Keywest To Alaska and what I have Learned is You do not need those $1000.00 rods and reels seen them blow up as fast as  $50-$75 - $100 outfits. 

But Than I have always been Practical Not keeping up with the Fashional Few.

PS. Built many rods and gave it all to a Member 2 Months ago. 

Full Photo.jpg

post 31.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

From what I gather you are not building but putting a Rod and Reel Outfit together. For NJ & PA Trout Fishing for $150 Budget. Been there done it.  

There is no need to go Bunkers with what I call Designer outfits Like Orvis and such. 

My go-to lately has been The Ugly Sticks rods and Reels like Garcia and a few Like Shamo. I do have high-end ones but thay are for saltwater. 

depending on 

Go to Dicks look at the many Combos they have all ready to go. or Pick out a Rod and Reel The rods have Ratings printed on them use that as a guide Light Medium Heavy. Came with the reel. 

Don't leave out one factor and That is the Line that can add $25 -$40 depending on the line Fluorocarbon  Mono -Brade -. 

The Photos are but a few of what I have accumulated over the years. With many at my son's house mostly Conventional Ones 

From Keywest To Alaska and what I have Learned is You do not need those $1000.00 rods and reels seen them blow up as fast as  $50-$75 - $100 outfits. 

But Than I have always been Practical Not keeping up with the Fashional Few.

PS. Built many rods and gave it all to a Member 2 Months ago. 

Just the thought of an ugly stick makes me want to cringe. Unless your 8 years old.

check out Fenwick HMG spinning rod. MODEL # HMG60ML-FS 

pair it with a Pfluegar president XT 30 PRESXTSP30X

can fish everything from small steams to the upper Delaware for trout and other species and is a pleasure to fish.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/