IGNORED

heat wave coming! maybe birds will go back to normal?

mazzgolf

Now that this minus-whatever windchill weather is backing off and it is warming up, I'm hoping the geese go back to their normal routine of flying between 7 and 8am.

Has anyone noticed if that happened this morning? Are the birds flying earlier now?

I'd like to get back out one or two more times before the season's done here in the south. I'm back to work now (had a few weeks off for the holidays and leftover vacation I had to burn, but that's done) so I gotta hurry and be back to work by 9:30am in the mornings  :bolt: .  But last couple weeks when I had off, with the cold weather we had I didn't even bother to get to the fields until 9am. Birds didn't really start flying until close to 10am! Had a few good days, but I can't be out that late anymore during the weekday. Stupid work. I keep trying to figure out how I can get paid without having to work, but my company doesn't seem to be willing to do that. Must figure something out...  :hmmmer::D

Anyway, here's a harvest pix from one of my weekday hunts over the holidays... sad the season is almost over.

goose2.jpg

Still cold this morning and the first birds I saw were at 8:05am. Wasn't hunting. Will be out tomorrow after work. Should be good. With the warmer temps coming they won't have to stay on the water to keep it from freezing over.

Edited by Buck154

Didn't go out this morning, but I heard lots of birds in the area at 8:00, 8:30am. Amazing what a little bit of warmer temps will do to get them back to their normal behavior. I guess geese really don't like sub-zero weather when they wake up in the morning :) I might just try to sneak out tomorrow morning...

I had geese flying down here between 7:30 and 8:30. Some fields were loaded with a thousand geese by 9 ('course, not the one I was on :lol:). Bit warmer this morning than what we had last week. Mid-20s temps, no wind to speak of. Blue, sunny skies. Usually these cloudless skies are dead, but the birds were definitely on the move.