IGNORED

BBD!!!

Bonefreak

Blizzard Bird Down!!! Been after this bird for about 3 wks.....first time he ran then busted far away,...next time I had the boy out on him and he again busted far away (and the boy took a hail Mary shot which led into a whole lesson about quality, safe shots!!)....next time I put him up at 15 yards and missed 3 easy going away shots,...went back for him a few days later and ...ground hog day...3 more easy going away misses, 2nd to last time at him the dog busted him far away and no shots, finally today, the snow must have slowed him down....just when i thought the elements got to him and he was frozen, the dog went into thicket, I hear a cackle, and out erupts ol Mr. Longtail!!! First shot missed but 2nd shot canceled his flight!! Love late season pheasant huntin...they can be a real challenge!! And when my boy misses and gets frustrated, I tell him that's why we keep doing this stuff til we are 90 yrs old or more, it's fun, challenging, rewarding, good fresh air, and exercise!!

20180106_130008.jpg

It's something how they keep coming back to the fields where they were stocked.  I field that I hunt is absolutely pounded.  But just about everyday I go there I can flush up 1 cock bird.  Either they never left and were just hiding or after they get flushed out they come back.