IGNORED

End of Season BowTune

LRG

Starting to think of what I need done to my Powermax as it’s getting to be two years old and still using the dealer RTH sight,rest,etc.. D-loop fraying bad now.

Looking at changing d-loop,strings, and adding a Trophy Ridge React Pro 5 pin sight. Maybe switching to a Carter thumb release too.

Anything else you Bow guys recommend? To improve hunting?

I Strictly hunting deer with bow Sept-Feb and I shoot my bow at least 5 times a month at my local archery range. when the weather gets nice prob double that time per month at range.

Don’t want to draw back and have something snap.. hoping D-loop makes it to Feb 17th...

If you can recommend a Shop too would be great. Bought it at AM in Lakewood but HG in Branchburg is close..

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My D loop was slightly frayed, thought I could make it until the end of the season. Snapped on Friday. Luckily I didn't punch myself in the face...

You're on borrowed time my friend.

For me learning to shoot with back tension and properly floating a pin has greatly improved my groups. I've been shooting and hunting with a Carter Chocolate addiction release for the past 2 years but just picked up a Scott Longhorn Pro Brass for target/3D. 

As Not on the Rug said, Strictly Archery. Can't recommend them enough, the amount of knowledge Ray and Tom have can't be beaten. Call and make an appointment though.

Yup...   that D-Loop is gonna kill me...      I may have to swing by HG to get a new one put on till end of the season.

I have heard good things about Strictly Archery also...       

Yes,  AM would update all with no labor charge, but the only thing is that the hours are always tricky...    The good thing is that he has a range right there so If I time it right, I can go shoot it in the back at 20 yrds and get it dialed in good while there...

does Strictly Archery have an indoor range?

Punching myself in the face is not something I want to do...  

For me learning to shoot with back tension and properly floating a pin has greatly improved my groups. I've been shooting and hunting with a Carter Chocolate addiction release for the past 2 years but just picked up a Scott Longhorn Pro Brass for target/3D. 

I have a decent truefire trigger release now, but been watching some of the NockOn Vids and I think the Thumb down releases may put your drawing arm in a more natural position... 

Kanigie,  have you see the Nock2Its or Silverbacks that J Dudley sells (made by Carter)?  Any thoughts on those?

I was considering the Spot Hogg's Saturday Night Delight too..

Yup...   that D-Loop is gonna kill me...      I may have to swing by HG to get a new one put on till end of the season.

I have heard good things about Strictly Archery also...       

Yes,  AM would update all with no labor charge, but the only thing is that the hours are always tricky...    The good thing is that he has a range right there so If I time it right, I can go shoot it in the back at 20 yrds and get it dialed in good while there...

does Strictly Archery have an indoor range?

Punching myself in the face is not something I want to do...  

No they don't but there is always a bag to shoot at outside.

I have a decent truefire trigger release now, but been watching some of the NockOn Vids and I think the Thumb down releases may put your drawing arm in a more natural position... 

Kanigie,  have you see the Nock2Its or Silverbacks that J Dudley sells (made by Carter)?  Any thoughts on those?

if you want to switch to a thumb for more natural hand position stick with one that uses 3 or even 4 fingers to draw, that has the fingers offset to their natural curve

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Kanigie, have you see the Nock2Its or Silverbacks that J Dudley sells (made by Carter)? Any thoughts on those?

I have and what what I understand they’re always backordered. I forgot which is which but one is a true back tension release. Hold the safety, draw, release the safety, pull through the back wall until it it breaks. Not sure I’d want to hunt with that.

I highly recommend a release that will clip on to your D loop. I really like my carter chocolate addiction, everything is adjustable.

Check out the Archerytalk.com classifieds. You can buy releases for 1/2 the price new and resell them if you don’t like without losing your shirt.

Thanks for the honest feedback! Njbowhntr that’s exactly why I want to try a handheld release vs wrist.. may help me.

Yes, Bow is in need of tuneup bad. I knew I was going to overhaul it so was going it would get me through the season... tried to go earlier to do, but it was prime time bowhunting time and most places would need a week or two tune...