IGNORED

Heading in now = BDD & BBD !

vdep217

Nice shot Jack!  :up:  :up:

that is not where I aimed! LOL.  Better to be lucky than good. She was already crouched down was very nervous, and about as quartering away as I will shoot... I was frozen but  aimed for last rib, not the leg!  I think the femoral artery is what put her down so quick, i did find holes in lungs heart was not touched.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

The VPA 125 was still shaving sharp as it did not hit dirt. Arrow and BH spins fine - just gonna touch it up on the strop and some compound then it’s back in the quiver to kill again. 

50DB9385-6301-47FC-B918-CDC7B5535FD6.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

Talk about quartering away. I got femoral artery two lungs liver and possible heart. Damn it’s cold! I did not aim quite that far back but hellI will take it. Now wonder she died so quick. My BH definitely opened!

I have read at least 20 posts over the last few years by some guy named Jack Harris about shot placement. I never remember reading anything about the deadly shot in the ass.

Congrats on a nice doe and a well placed shot.

I have read at least 20 posts over the last few years by some guy named Jack Harris about shot placement. I never remember reading anything about the deadly shot in the ass.

Congrats on a nice doe and a well placed shot.

Thanks.It was a very stressful situation, There was one very dark and slightly bigger, I wanted, but could not pick up bow because another one about same size as the one I killed was staring at me the entire time. This one had the rear, and lightest coat of all of them. I said any of the 3 mature does will do, but then the last one got nervous on my track I walked in on...  I waited for the other two doe to turn head and picked up bow... Then I had to wait forever for them to take their eyes off me again to draw.  This girl was looking away nervously the entire time and had her broadside perfectly but still could not shoot because of the others... Finally I had a moment to draw but then she was straight away walking... Luckily she turned just enough to sneak an arrow in there, but I thought I hit more forward and got pass through. Just goes to prove that you can never be sure of where shot hit, I was quite surprised to see that.  I had my hands in the muffler with a handwarmer the entire time, I wanted to time it right where I could pick up bow draw and shoot last thing I wanted was to be holding that ice cold bow for extended time, but I ended up holding it much longer with eyes staring at me longer than I surely wanted.  Glad it all worked out - I nearly effed it up.   The cool thing about this hunt, was that I was as adrenaline-rushed as a big buck, due to the pressure of having to pick up bow, draw it, and get a shot off...  I am not sure I would feel same with a cross-bow, although damn I was sort of wishing I had one tonight as it would have been a helluva lot easier and I would have shot the biggest doe with ease. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

That 7pt has a broken shoulder. No?

Congrats on the harvest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I let a friend hunt that stand in October as I was tagged out. ...  He shot him in that elbow with a crossbow at 35 yards... (wish it ducked the bolt- LOL).   We had minimal blood, I tracked that buck for hours and gave up and he came back next day and could find no ore blood where he left off... So that buck survived the rut and bred a lot of does, and is still around. I was so happy to see him a week later in a different spot, and has been there ever since.  Today he was back where he got hit - go figure.   I have yet to see him from the stand, but I have 100s of pics that suggest he is perfectly fine. 

I shot a big 10pt once….