IGNORED

New Rifle Seasons and Shotgun/Rifle WMA Ranges

So, I was at Colliers Mills WMA the other day, and swung by the shotgun/rifle range and saw a sign indicating rimfire .22 and .17 rifles were permitted.

It got me thinking, when/if the state opens predator season to the use of centerfire rifles, will these ranges be opened to them?

Obviously we'd need a place to sight them in, and WMAs have more property than most private ranges would (although room isn't necessarily needed as long as there is a suitable backstop and range setup).

Just a curious point as WMA ranges have long been non-centerfire (even for recreational shooting or out of state hunting preparation) here in NJ.

Good point there.  Although it definitely seems odd that you can hunt with centerfire, but you can't practice with it at a range that is designed by the state, which promotes the utmost in safety (ala the Hunter Education and Safety Courses).

That would be just too logicial for this State!

What are the distances you can shoot at range 14?Do they have a 1000 yard  range

I havnt shot in many years, so I don't know if they have changed the layout, but 200 yds was the max last time I shot there. that was about 12 years ago