IGNORED

Bass Pro Atlantic City

1957Buck

Anyone have any advice on a Visit there Grand Sons having off this week looking to make the trip down. Have Heard Cabellas Sucks but Bass pro sounds good at least on the website.

Since I gave them Conventional Combos they are itching to get involved Thanks In Advance Bill   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I’ve been to Bass Pro and it’s a floor and half with a small aquarium tank, It’s good to go and buy stuff not much to see, equivalent to an upscale Dicks . Cabelas in Pa is a very large store , has huge gun counter and used guns displayed out where customers can pick them up and inspect them . There’s a food court and a walk through aquarium. I haven’t been there in a year so can’t say it’s the same with all the “selling the farm” BS but definitely worth the trip Plus they have the bargain cave and Conservation Mountain. If you go and like Smoked Meat products stop at Ditrechs Meats it’s easy off and on of I-78 . Have a Great Trip

If you are in south Jersey and don't want to make the trip to the flagship Cabela's Hamburg, Pa. shoot down I295 or I95 hit and hit Cabela's Christiana for tax free shopping. BP is nothing to get excited about even the nicer one in Harrisburg. The AC BP is okay if you have something specific you wanna pickup, not a destination store like Cabela's Hamburg.

I agree it more like a giant Dicks sporting goods. More fishing gear then hunting in my opinion. If your close by it's worth it but if you have a decent drive pick one of the Cabelas stores. Either tax free in Del or a flagship store in PA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Been to Cabellas PA long ride some years ago I combined the trip with Dixon Muzzle Loading Shop.and Ditrechs Meats. This trip to BP - AC is for Cabin Fever and to expand interest for Fresh Water fishing for Grandsons they are good with the salt Water areas and starting the freshwater fishing. BP- AC is a straight shot down parkway at rt 35 exit. But may do the Train all the way or part. 

Joybeets 45 min free parking or spend $35 for free over that just show receipt this from BPs web site.   Thanks for all the Replies Bill

I've been to each of them, both several times (that is, the Cabelas DE and Bass Pro AC).

I go to Cabelas DE only if I have a specific large purchase in mind and I want the tax-free benefits and maybe also if I have Cabelas coupons. In other words, I don't go there "just to look around." I am not impressed with their Delaware store - doesn't seem to have a large selection and the store just doesn't excite me.

I actually like Bass Pro AC store better than the Cabelas DE store from an aesthetics point of view. I enjoy walking the Bass Pro store more than the Cabelas (which is weird, because I prefer to buy my gear from Cabelas, which I mainly do online). Maybe it's because the second floor makes it seem like its bigger and has more to see, I dunno. But if you are sending someone to a store "just to walk around" and spend some time there for something to do, I personally would go to the Bass Pro AC over the Cabelas DE store.

Of course, if you don't buy $35 or more in Bass Pro AC, you have to pay to park after like an hour. But of course if you go to Cabelas DE, you have to pay the bridge toll, so, almost a wash anyway :)

I've also been to the Hamburg Cabelas - that is a destination store. If I was closer, I would make it there more often "just to look around." The Cabelas in DE and the Bass Pro AC do not compare.

I've been to each of them, both several times (that is, the Cabelas DE and Bass Pro AC).

I go to Cabelas DE only if I have a specific large purchase in mind and I want the tax-free benefits and maybe also if I have Cabelas coupons. In other words, I don't go there "just to look around." I am not impressed with their Delaware store - doesn't seem to have a large selection and the store just doesn't excite me.

I actually like Bass Pro AC store better than the Cabelas DE store from an aesthetics point of view. I enjoy walking the Bass Pro store more than the Cabelas (which is weird, because I prefer to buy my gear from Cabelas, which I mainly do online). Maybe it's because the second floor makes it seem like its bigger and has more to see, I dunno. But if you are sending someone to a store "just to walk around" and spend some time there for something to do, I personally would go to the Bass Pro AC over the Cabelas DE store.

Of course, if you don't buy $35 or more in Bass Pro AC, you have to pay to park after like an hour. But of course if you go to Cabelas DE, you have to pay the bridge toll, so, almost a wash anyway :)

I've also been to the Hamburg Cabelas - that is a destination store. If I was closer, I would make it there more often "just to look around." The Cabelas in DE and the Bass Pro AC do not compare.

Thanks for the long reply as far as the parking when we go to Outdoor Shows we get off Parkway use the Train the short distance and the cost is a saving over Parking fees and tolls to Convention center plus looks like BP is at the same location. Plus if I get out of BP with only spending $35 it will be a Miracle.  

Cabellas has a lot of stuff not interested in Just freshwater stuff.