IGNORED

Anyone do "rough" camping? Share your Experiences

Sticks n' Stones2

When I had the drive and desire to do a "true" wilderness hunt, I couldn't afford it. 

Went camping with my kids when they were in the Boy Scouts, that was 10-15 years ago, can't say I hated it, but can't say I loved it either.

My camp in NY state is just a simple un-insulated 12 X 16 wood shed, cots, propane heaters, no electricity, no running water, no outhouse. Even that is getting old. 

Can't see wanting to camp outside in the cold in a tent on purpose, but to each his own.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

I used to do many backpack trips but now i kayak into primitive sites.. i do a lot of delaware river trips camping along river i camp along round valley ny in the anriondaks spellimg sucks.. also along the at in stokes is usually where i start my hike i start near buttermilk falls thats a great hike been awhile for that 1 though. I use my frame pack attach mss and tarp plenty of water gsi cook set fire steel and mountain house meals. W tarp i make half shelters and mss i stay warm... going on a trip in jan in Wharton gonna kayak to sites as long as its not frozen if it is ill hike in 7 miles

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!