IGNORED

Concerned hunters regarding unlimited doe harvesting

Again, I respectfully DISAGREE with your definition of greed.  If a guy wants to provide as much for himself and family as the law allows without relying on purchasing meat from the store that is called self sufficiency, not greed, and I support that effort 100%. The idea of forcing someone to do something such as buying meat when he can legally hunt for it is not my idea of freedom.  No one forces a horn hunter to pick the buck he wants to shoot. 

Forcing someone to buy meat is what my original point was in regard to a comment someone else made.  

Not to mention how many people are really helped by the ability to eat venison. I personally provide meat to two different individuals. One is a handicap friend, to proud to collect disability but unable top work. 2nd is another friend, single mother raising two kids on $40k/year. Without this meat they just don't eat and between two of them they get 5 deer. I consume 3 each year. So am I greedy? I don't care and if I can I will kill 5 more deer before the season is over

Edited by Lunatic

A significant portion of NJ deer hunters are squatters and baiters.... They are tired of the public land BS, and get access to one or more "backyard" woodlots...   With only a few acres to hunt, baiting is about the only way to "pattern" deer and get them to come in, since they can't just go to them.    If you have access to big private farms and/or big private woods,  it's much easier for a hunter to take deer on their natural patterns and natural food sources.

If there were no bait the deer would have to move regardless of where you hunted. Food is food and when they are hungry they move. What did we do before baiting? We hunted.

2 bucks statewide. Use at your discretion.

No baiting.

Possibly different regulations for wma's/public land versus private.

Season length is somewhat of a mute MOOT point. If you were allowed to kill ONLY one deer a season what does it matter if its one month or 8 months...you're still only allowed one. Season length dictates how many days a hunter may be able to participate and hunt. That length only increases or decreases someones chance of a harvest but does not change how many can be killed, legally. 

If the state says you can kill 6 spikes and 45 does a year, and you do so...that is greed. If your zone allows this much harvest but you kill 5,6,7? deer a year...that is not greed.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Call it what you want but some people are not greedy. They are just pigs who can't get enough of the killing and coming up with every excuse in the book to justify it. It only takes a couple of 1000 lb sows to empty a pickup truck full of food waste before the others even have a chance. That is the problem. A guy has limited time to go hunt but doesn't realize he'll be watching woodpeckers' shit and not much more. Why? Oh, its legal.   SMH

Call it what you want but some people are not greedy. They are just pigs who can't get enough of the killing and coming up with every excuse in the book to justify it. It only takes a couple of 1000 lb sows to empty a pickup truck full of food waste before the others even have a chance. That is the problem. A guy has limited time to go hunt but doesn't realize he'll be watching woodpeckers' shit and not much more. Why? Oh, its legal.   SMH

I read this a couple times but I just  :confused:

^^^^ that must be a really old cartoon...  More like $1,500 bow, $10,000 quad, and $50,000 4wd pickup

Way to go cheap on the pickup.  When I was looking at replacing my Dakota, the Dodge dealer told me he had some $70K-$80K pickups coming in in a few weeks.  Too rich for me.  I think I spent less on my MBA.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I actually think baiting started with the best intention: it was a way to get deer out of safety zones into places hunters could kill them. I never dreamt it would turn into what it has. Not to mention all the "civilians" feeding deer all year, my neighbor has raised up a fine pack of coyotes in last couple years! lol There's 6 does that hang around his house and I think they had 2 fawns that made it to September. 

One thing hunters that hunt in agriculture areas have to keep in mind is that most farmers have a very low tolerance of wildlife that affects their crops in a negative way. That's how I'm justifying shooting does in one of my spots. I know from years past, and now numbers are growing, that if I don't shoot them-they will, and with a lot heavier hand.

We hunters have to be the micro-managers of the deer. Don't have a lot of deer, look for another spot, still places where they're over-populated.

without me, my rifle is nothing

This whole " I have to shoot 7 deer a year because I eat 5 and give 2 away to my poor neighbors" has to stop.  The evidence is in this thread alone.  What would these people do in other states where you cant harvest that amount of deer or areas where its actual hunting and you may be lucky to get one buck a year total? Do these people just not eat or not eat meat all year aside from their 1 deer? Haha! Its a joke. Guys fortunate enough to have private land too hunt could care less that those same regulations are in effect on state land where there is obviously no self control. Its clear that state land needs to be managed completely different its in entirety.  Just remember one thing, the property may be "yours" but the deer are not.

This whole " I have to shoot 7 deer a year because I eat 5 and give 2 away to my poor neighbors" has to stop.  The evidence is in this thread alone.  What would these people do in other states where you cant harvest that amount of deer or areas where its actual hunting and you may be lucky to get one buck a year total? Do these people just not eat or not eat meat all year aside from their 1 deer? Haha! Its a joke. Guys fortunate enough to have private land too hunt could care less that those same regulations are in effect on state land where there is obviously no self control. Its clear that state land needs to be managed completely different its in entirety.  Just remember one thing, the property may be "yours" but the deer are not.

You are a joke living in a lila land if you think there are no people in this state not eating every day and venison is their only or one of the very few options fro protein.