IGNORED

Need new tires for your truck?

06roadking

I sell a bunch of tires at my shop. I’ve tried many different brands and tread designs. I make the same money regardless what tires I sell so I have no reason to push one over another other than personal experience and customer reviews. For this winter I put General Grabber AT2’s on my truck and have sold a few sets to others. When I first put them on in the fall I was impressed by how quiet they were for such an aggressive tread pattern and how well they rode. Rain traction was great and no tire spin leaving traffic lights on a wet road. I went hunting last Saturday in the snow. Where I was hunting I have to drive about a quarter mile back thru the woods on a cow path. Coming out at 6pm there was about 4 inches of snow and the path is uphill all the way to the road. There was some very muddy spots under the snow and I was a little worried that I could have screwed myself driving back in there with such lousy weather. Drove right out with no tire spin and Home on some bad roads and they performed better than any other tire I tried in the past. They cleaned themselves out well and no push in the corners. I’m very impressed. Like I said, I can sell any brand or style and make the same money so I get no additional benefit by selling one over another other than making my customers happy. A customer that I just sold a set to stopped in yesterday for no their reason other than to tell me how happy has was on Saturday when he had to pick up his daughter at work during the storm. If your looking for new tires for your truck, take a look at these. Not the cheapest but if you want good mud/snow/street performance, I highly recommend these tires

I sell a bunch of tires at my shop. I’ve tried many different brands and tread designs. I make the same money regardless what tires I sell so I have no reason to push one over another other than personal experience and customer reviews. For this winter I put General Grabber AT2’s on my truck and have sold a few sets to others. When I first put them on in the fall I was impressed by how quiet they were for such an aggressive tread pattern and how well they rode. Rain traction was great and no tire spin leaving traffic lights on a wet road. I went hunting last Saturday in the snow. Where I was hunting I have to drive about a quarter mile back thru the woods on a cow path. Coming out at 6pm there was about 4 inches of snow and the path is uphill all the way to the road. There was some very muddy spots under the snow and I was a little worried that I could have screwed myself driving back in there with such lousy weather. Drove right out with no tire spin and Home on some bad roads and they performed better than any other tire I tried in the past. They cleaned themselves out well and no push in the corners. I’m very impressed. Like I said, I can sell any brand or style and make the same money so I get no additional benefit by selling one over another other than making my customers happy. A customer that I just sold a set to stopped in yesterday for no their reason other than to tell me how happy has was on Saturday when he had to pick up his daughter at work during the storm. If your looking for new tires for your truck, take a look at these. Not the cheapest but if you want good mud/snow/street performance, I highly recommend these tires

I'll add to that... I just put my second set on. First set I got 120k rotating them with every other oil change. You can't beat the price. 

I have about 40k miles on my G2 Nitto Tera Grapplers.  In another 15k miles, I'll be looking to replace.  Are there any issues with putting the General Grabber AT2's on a Toyota Tacoma?  I've heard there are possible issues putting Light Truck (LT) tires on Tacomas because it might trigger Tire Pressure warnings..  I'll definitely consider the Generals and as I've said previously, would like to throw you some business.

I am running General Grabber AT's as well.  I am very happy.  2000 Suburban.  These tires have taken me on hunting trips as far west as Wyoming, south as Southern West Virgina, fishing up to Salmon river all under winter conditions.  I ran them at 45psi out to Wyoming (made it in 2 days at 20mpg fairly loaded).  Around here I run 37 psi so I can have better braking performance.  Very happy.  The only comparable was the BF Goodrich All Terrrain TA's.  When it snows I simply cannot just stay home.  I have to clear snow for various family members and there is zero chance to sit home.

I have about 40k miles on my G2 Nitto Tera Grapplers.  In another 15k miles, I'll be looking to replace.  Are there any issues with putting the General Grabber AT2's on a Toyota Tacoma?  I've heard there are possible issues putting Light Truck (LT) tires on Tacomas because it might trigger Tire Pressure warnings..  I'll definitely consider the Generals and as I've said previously, would like to throw you some business.

Nope, that's what I drive. I have the stock 17" wheels (11' TRD Sport) and I went up a size. 265/70R17 with a 2" lift. 

No issues at all. TPMS has no idea what tires are on the truck. They only know the pressure in the tires.

No issues at all. TPMS has no idea what tires are on the truck. They only know the pressure in the tires.

Not exactly true. While the TPMS system doesn't know the tire that's on the vehicle, if you change load range away from stock you also need to change the pressure away from stock. This most often puts the pressure out of the normal range of the sensor. That will trigger a light. Obviously, this is more of a concern on 1/2 ton / light duty truck moving up to load range D or E tires. 

Not exactly true. While the TPMS system doesn't know the tire that's on the vehicle, if you change load range away from stock you also need to change the pressure away from stock. This most often puts the pressure out of the normal range of the sensor. That will trigger a light. Obviously, this is more of a concern on 1/2 ton / light duty truck moving up to load range D or E tires.

Very true. I was referring to the tires in question. Should have been more specific. But, if you run the load range tire specified by the manufacturer at the pressure recommended, the truck doesn’t what brand tire is on the truck Edited by 06roadking

I needed new tires for my Tundra and did my research, I wanted BFG KOs but for about $250 per tire I was like screw that. Did more research and decided on the General Tire AT2 (very similar to the tire tread of the KOs),  Let me tell you I'm happy I did.....The highway noise was non-existent, also drove some back roads of Stokes with lots of rocks, mud and few inches of snow with zero issues. 

I purchased the tires from Woodsman416 back in October at the shop he runs in Flemington, he gave me a great price, I also got a alignment done, I was in/out in about 70 mins or so..... I'm very happy with professional work !!!! Also $75 Visa Card from General

I was going to go with the LT version, but I didn't cause I don't haul a trailer, or boat, or carry lots of weight in the bed.....I would be spending more on the LT tire, and loose gas mileage 

If new tires are needed look into the General AT2, and if in the Flemington area give Woodsman416 your business

post-55-0-26929800-1508593497.jpeg

Edited by BHC