IGNORED

Nice doe taken tonight at 12 yards

LPJR

Tucked away in my smaller spring type blind tonight in some of the thickest, nastiest woods I was fortunate to take a nice mature doe with the bow. This one served as a dinner doe for a good friend's venison dinner coming up (which by the way he is thinking of hosting it in his mansion) and was delivered to him afterwards... At last light with 10 minutes of shooting light left, two adult does came in inspecting everything. At 12 yards I didn't want to breathe. It started to snow and you could hear a pin drop in the woods. At one point, the lead doe stared directly into the blind before going back to feeding. I was seated as far back as I could with only one window open... Also had Scent Blocker camo on head to toe, including a facemask which I rarely wear when I shoot my compound...At close quarters tonight, it was necessary I think and the crossbow was perfect for the tight blind and area I was set up in...

Both deer were stacked together feeding and I did not want to risk wounding the second one, so I waited what felt like forever, which in reality was only probably 40 seconds... She turned broadside and when she was clear of the other doe, I was locked onto her heart. At the shot she took off like a freight train making it 40 yards max. The Hypodermic did it's job again and the trees were covered in the short distance she ran.

Nice 1

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk