IGNORED

Raptor ID

This pair has been around the past couple years. Always feeding on the fresh meat. Lots of people feed birds but no one feeds the big birds,,, well I do at least  :rofl: . I care about all wildlife. 

Funny thing is i got a text from the wife when she left for work the other morning. She went outside and scared one of the hawks and it tried to land on the top of the bed of my truck and it slipped and feel in my truck. The wife said wish she could have videoed it. She wasn't sure who scared who more :laughing:  

Edited by Buck154

This pair has been around the past couple years. Always feeding on the fresh meat. Lots of people feed birds but no one feeds the big birds,,, well I do at least  :rofl: . I care about all wildlife. 

I've been feeding a sharpshin....I just put the birdfeeder up after Thanksgiving and he's already bagged 3 blue jays that I know of!! and , there was a beauty of woodpecker that I haven't seen in a couple days now, sob

I don't know my raptors real well but my first thought was red shoulder, cool pics

without me, my rifle is nothing

I've been feeding a sharpshin....I just put the birdfeeder up after Thanksgiving and he's already bagged 3 blue jays that I know of!! and , there was a beauty of woodpecker that I haven't seen in a couple days now, sob

I don't know my raptors real well but my first thought was red shoulder, cool pics

I feed this way my resident sharpie and cooper's. Fortunately they concentrate on the overwhelming population of two invasive species, Starling and House Sparrows:-)

I feed this way my resident sharpie and cooper's. Fortunately they concentrate on the overwhelming population of two invasive species, Starling and House Sparrows:-)

you're lucky, needless to say there are very few birds coming to my feeder! I hardly ever have the invasives here

without me, my rifle is nothing

They get a dove or two every year around my feeder. Never had any BlueJays killed before

I wanna say red-shouldered but I'm probably wrong John.  Those pictures are great.   :up:  :up:

You are correct.  Red shouldered are one of the very easy hawks in our area to ID.  They really can't be confused with another species unlike immature red tails can or Coopers versus Sharp shinned, for example.  That is an endangered species here in NJ.