• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Now That 6 Day Shotgun Season Is Over.............

32 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   Devil Horns

Devil Horns

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 05:07 PM

Going to hunt a few days with the muzzleloader when the weather and wind look promising.

Hoping for some more snow on Sundays during winter bow. Going to get a camera or two back out next week and see what’s still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

#22 Male OFFLINE   CJ3a

CJ3a

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 05:14 PM

How is shooting a deer in the winter over bait any different than shooting one with a gun during a drive?
I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

#23 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,313 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 05:25 PM

I really enjoy winter bow.  Especially now that our daughter is in college and winter break is the only chance that we get to hunt together.  

• Like x 1
  • List

#24 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 05:47 PM

Acorn crop was terrible this year (except for chestnut oaks), so hunt food.

I am going out for smoke pole season at the end of this month.  I'm off work, but just started filling those weeks with work.  I need to reserve some time to get into the woods.  You know you have a problem when you create calendar invites to go hunting.

• Like x 1
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#25 OFFLINE   jerseybowhunter

jerseybowhunter

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 06:42 PM

I have a group of about 8 guys that hunt the area I hunt hard up till 6 day, they hunt all day? Go to the trucks for lunch then back in for the evening hunts almost everyday from October-6 day, they start slowing down after 6 day then are done for the year by Christmas. I literally have a few hundred acres of state land to myself all of winter bow. I never really do good but it's nice and quiet knowing any bucks from here on out will make it till next season
  • Like x 1
  • List

#26 Male OFFLINE   Roon

Roon

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 06:51 PM

I wish I could be that optimistic....still 2 months of gunning in my zones, and if we keep getting snow, I've known a lot of racked bucks, and buttons to be killed after 6day

If we get a lot of snow it's a good thing "kind of"
Keeps the guys out of the woods, man kills more deer than anything people want to point the finger at.
Problem when we get heavy snow and the ice pack over it coyotes can run deer till to tired to continue.
Still they are taking way less deer then our way to long seasons do.
  • Dislike x 1
  • List
Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

#27 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 06:53 PM

I think this was the 3rd or 4th year in a row that we had crappy weather for opening day of 6 day

In north Jersey it was a gorgeous day, you must have been south I guess?   A bit foggy here in the morning, but once that cleared out it was beautiful weather.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#28 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 06:56 PM

I donno what all the fuss is over 6day...we still have two months of hunting so your all around sportsman could still have 3 buck tags in their pockets ( muzzy, shotgun ,winter bow) and you still have shotgun season that hasn't started plus muzzy still going on for another month....with the two muzzy days and 6 days that's only 8 days worth of gun hunting so far..there is still alot of time left and I guarantee that at least 95% of guys on here me included are still going to be chasing bucks for another month and a half imo

This, and the fact it's the time when all the yahoos that only hunt these few days of the year are in the woods with their shotgun that wasnt sighted in and their itchy trigger fingers.  

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#29 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 06:57 PM

In north Jersey it was a gorgeous day, you must have been south I guess?   A bit foggy here in the morning, but once that cleared out it was beautiful weather.

I was in Montague, Sussex County....damn fog lifted just after 2pm

#30 Male OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 08:56 PM

I don't know who the yahoos are anymore..They are all starting to act alike..... :lookaround:

• Funny x 1
  • List

#31 Male OFFLINE   Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12/10/17 - 10:38 PM

There's like 5 months left to hunt in the great state of New Jersey.  Plenty of time to score on a decent buck.

• Agree x 1
  • List

#32 Male ONLINE   Chefhunter

Chefhunter

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12/11/17 - 04:21 AM

Was able to sit for one day, thanks Stratus, most likely will not get out until next year now. All I saw were a bunch of doe, on the drive home no less.

#33 OFFLINE   Nomad

Nomad

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 12/11/17 - 07:07 AM

I was in Montague, Sussex County....damn fog lifted just after 2pm

When I left home it was real foggy, but when I got to my hunting spot there was none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users