IGNORED

Now That 6 Day Shotgun Season Is Over.............

BHC

I donno what all the fuss is over 6day...we still have two months of hunting so your all around sportsman could still have 3 buck tags in their pockets ( muzzy, shotgun ,winter bow) and you still have shotgun season that hasn't started plus muzzy still going on for another month....with the two muzzy days and 6 days that's only 8 days worth of gun hunting so far..there is still alot of time left and I guarantee that at least 95% of guys on here me included are still going to be chasing bucks for another month and a half imo

I still have a permit bow tag

www.liftxrentals.com

Going to hunt a few days with the muzzleloader when the weather and wind look promising.

Hoping for some more snow on Sundays during winter bow. Going to get a camera or two back out next week and see what’s still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

Acorn crop was terrible this year (except for chestnut oaks), so hunt food.

I am going out for smoke pole season at the end of this month.  I'm off work, but just started filling those weeks with work.  I need to reserve some time to get into the woods.  You know you have a problem when you create calendar invites to go hunting.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I have a group of about 8 guys that hunt the area I hunt hard up till 6 day, they hunt all day? Go to the trucks for lunch then back in for the evening hunts almost everyday from October-6 day, they start slowing down after 6 day then are done for the year by Christmas. I literally have a few hundred acres of state land to myself all of winter bow. I never really do good but it's nice and quiet knowing any bucks from here on out will make it till next season

I wish I could be that optimistic....still 2 months of gunning in my zones, and if we keep getting snow, I've known a lot of racked bucks, and buttons to be killed after 6day

If we get a lot of snow it's a good thing "kind of"

Keeps the guys out of the woods, man kills more deer than anything people want to point the finger at.

Problem when we get heavy snow and the ice pack over it coyotes can run deer till to tired to continue.

Still they are taking way less deer then our way to long seasons do.

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I think this was the 3rd or 4th year in a row that we had crappy weather for opening day of 6 day

In north Jersey it was a gorgeous day, you must have been south I guess?   A bit foggy here in the morning, but once that cleared out it was beautiful weather.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I donno what all the fuss is over 6day...we still have two months of hunting so your all around sportsman could still have 3 buck tags in their pockets ( muzzy, shotgun ,winter bow) and you still have shotgun season that hasn't started plus muzzy still going on for another month....with the two muzzy days and 6 days that's only 8 days worth of gun hunting so far..there is still alot of time left and I guarantee that at least 95% of guys on here me included are still going to be chasing bucks for another month and a half imo

This, and the fact it's the time when all the yahoos that only hunt these few days of the year are in the woods with their shotgun that wasnt sighted in and their itchy trigger fingers.  

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

In north Jersey it was a gorgeous day, you must have been south I guess?   A bit foggy here in the morning, but once that cleared out it was beautiful weather.

I was in Montague, Sussex County....damn fog lifted just after 2pm