IGNORED

Anyone on the Bitcoin train?

BowhunterNJ

I'm not, but like many others wishing I would have gotten on it couple years ago...hell even earlier this year.

It's going crazy, even if it is some kind of schema, you can sell out for Fiat.

I only wish I was in it because of the price now (obviously duh)...a $100 investment years ago would be worth many millions now.

I know a couple guys day trading it, also know some experienced traders that won't go near it.

Anyone here actually watching and investing in it?

What is a bitcoin?

From Wikipedia:

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and worldwide payment system.[8]:3 It is the first decentralized digital currency – the system works without a central repository or single administrator.[8]:1[9] The network is peer-to-peer and transactions take place between users directly through the use of cryptography, without an intermediary.[8]:4 These transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain. Bitcoin was invented by an unknown person or group of people under the name Satoshi Nakamoto[10] and released as open-source software in 2009.[11]

Bitcoins are created as a reward for a process known as mining. They can be exchanged for other currencies,[12] products, and services. As of February 2015, over 100,000 merchants and vendors accepted bitcoin as payment.[13] Research produced by Cambridge University estimates that in 2017, there are 2.9 to 5.8 million unique users using a cryptocurrency wallet, most of them using bitcoin.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

https://www.bitcoin.com/

The whole concept is crazy, and without regulation (beyond the blockchain ledgering) there is literally no one controlling potential scheming (which is certainly taking place).  It went from $11,000/coin to over $19,000/coin in the last 2 days.  Now back down to $16,000/coin last I checked.  Seems like there is a ton of "pump and dump" scheming going on with the various cryptocurrencies.  I'm waiting for it to all crash back down, but watching this unfold gives me that standard hindsight remorse that I could have invested very little a long time ago and cashed out RIGHT NOW and walked away with a whole lot.  I would have taken you all on a guided whitetail hunt...just not with that outfitter talked about in the other topic! :rofl:

all I know is if I choose to invest in it- it will tank for sure...  I remember the tech bubble - I was buying stock like JDS Uniphase, and many others and watching it soar... Went away on vacation that April, and in like one or two days, lost it all.  Lesson learned...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I'm not, but like many others wishing I would have gotten on it couple years ago...hell even earlier this year.

It's going crazy, even if it is some kind of schema, you can sell out for Fiat.

I only wish I was in it because of the price now (obviously duh)...a $100 investment years ago would be worth many millions now.

I know a couple guys day trading it, also know some experienced traders that won't go near it.

Anyone here actually watching and investing in it?

Check out Glint Pay...

A few guys at work have some.

Not sure how the investment works vs having an actual bit coin

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

all I know is if I choose to invest in it- it will tank for sure...  I remember the tech bubble - I was buying stock like JDS Uniphase, and many others and watching it soar... Went away on vacation that April, and in like one or two days, lost it all.  Lesson learned...

This is precisely what till happen to Bitcoin eventually.  There has never been an investment bubble that hasn't burst.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Well, given these surges, they may lose what they have invested, but they shouldn't lose everything.  They should have their investments hedged, and enough set aside to absorb the loss.  No one should be putting into cryptocurrencies anything they can't afford to outright see evaporate almost instantly.  The guys I know doing it got in too late and aren't deeply invested in it...really just messing around with small amounts to make a little bit of extra dinero but they are hawks with watching the markets and on slack discussions about them constantly.  I don't have that kind of time.