IGNORED

We got some GIANTS down here in NC too ...

loaded4bear

that's gonna require a bucketloader...  wow

Amazing where it was taken - very coastal area, I would have thought if NC - way West closer to Tennessee.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

that's gonna require a bucketloader...  wow

Amazing where it was taken - very coastal area, I would have thought if NC - way West closer to Tennessee.

Actually the largest bears in NC are the "coastal" population. Huge agricultural areas surrounded by impenetrable swamps, allowing the bears there to eat good & grow old.

The "mountain" bear population in western NC, where I live, averages somewhat smaller animals.

I heard they have a big problem with bears in that area and quite a few huge bears. I believe permits are very 

Iimited. That bears head is HUGE!! 

There are some agricultural losses to farmers, but I haven't heard anyone describe the coastal bears as a "big problem".

NC manages our bear population very well, using science & not politics. 

Bear permits are over-the-counter & unlimited in NC. Seasons are long & you can hunt with any weapon you choose (rifle, shotgun, muzzy, bow, crossbow, or pistol)

When I was heading down to the outer banks a few yrs ago for my brother’s wedding, it was interesting to see signs on the road telling you to keep an eye out for bears. I had always known they had a good coastal bear population and seen a few shows where some monsters had been taken, but was funny to see the signs on the road too. Not surprised they get big with the amount of ag down there.

Actually the largest bears in NC are the "coastal" population. Huge agricultural areas surrounded by impenetrable swamps, allowing the bears there to eat good & grow old.

The "mountain" bear population in western NC, where I live, averages somewhat smaller animals.

There are some agricultural losses to farmers, but I haven't heard anyone describe the coastal bears as a "big problem".

NC manages our bear population very well, using science & not politics. 

Bear permits are over-the-counter & unlimited in NC. Seasons are long & you can hunt with any weapon you choose (rifle, shotgun, muzzy, bow, crossbow, or pistol)

Im in macon county and havent seen a bear yet this season.... its the coastal bears that get fattttt.

"Be the bear dog"

“There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.”