• 10-20
    • 20+
  2. 2. How would you rate the herd numbers in your zone

• Great
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
    • Non Existant
  3. 3. Do you think the state can do a better job with managing the herd where it can be hunted.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I saw much larger increase in overall deer numbers in z5 this season, but I did anticipate very poor hunting week of 6-day and it had nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with full moon, a zillion bait piles, and human intrusion up and including the 6-day kick-off.

So unfortunately - poll doesn't paint the true picture.     You also have to look at how many deer were taken out of the herd prior to 6-day, that based on regulations 30 years ago, could not have been?   This is a topic of healthy debate for sure, very difficult to "poll" though strictly on numbers seen.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I like this poll... Just need more specifics to really add value to the results. 

Maybe define information in the selections....  Bucks, Mature bucks, does, what zone(s) (multiple selections) etc etc. 

You need to add the amount of time spent in the woods as well in terms of hours

Just for the first day?

For the first day or for whenever you hunt during the week. Its just an estimate. Just try to avoid counting the same deer twice. I could have counted the same doe and fawn 5 times yesterday.

How can you reply to a poll on a 6 day season when we are only at day 3?  With the cold front moving in the second half of the season could be just the opposite of the first.

Some guys will only hunt on Monday and the poll will still be up afterward

You need to add the amount of time spent in the woods as well in terms of hours

We can make it as specific as you want later. For now it is just for trying to get a number deer seen while hunting in the time you hunt period

I saw much larger increase in overall deer numbers in z5 this season, but I did anticipate very poor hunting week of 6-day and it had nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with full moon, a zillion bait piles, and human intrusion up and including the 6-day kick-off.

So unfortunately - poll doesn't paint the true picture.     You also have to look at how many deer were taken out of the herd prior to 6-day, that based on regulations 30 years ago, could not have been?   This is a topic of healthy debate for sure, very difficult to "poll" though strictly on numbers seen.

The first day of 6 day should have the highest number of people in the woods, regardless if the stars line up or not. With more people moving in and out and more eyes in the woods it should give a working estimate. I'm not looking to write a report to the science department of Fish and Game on the deer herd. I'm just looking to get a feel of the hunting experience for six day.

You need to add what form of hunting was done. Sitting , still hunting or driving. Our group saw plenty of deer on Monday. I might add that the other hunters around us benefited also with multiple seen and shot.