IGNORED

Question for the bear Baiter's

Mixbaghunter

Ok I have a bear coming in to my corn pile and put out some other things. I want to bait heavy Sunday for the week .or am I better off baiting a little each morning.so I now I will have bait there when I am hunting. I only have a few hundred lb of rolls and cake. I will still but out corn as needed but should I put all my sweet our at once or a little at a time .

What have you been doing?

I would continue that routine if possible. The second you start changing stuff, you often scare them off.

If you do decide to put out bulk, save at least some to bring in when you do hunt and also because we might have rain. Unless you have it protected from the elements. Like us, bears seem to prefer to eat nice fresh rolls or cake, not mushy, soggy rain-soaked goo.

I would also consider what you're seeing with visiting times on camera and bait when the bears are likely not around.

Could go about it two ways, if the bear is consistent already, you might want to just bring in the first bulk load the day you hunt. Or give one hunt entirely stealth and unchanged before you add food.

Good luck.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

DONT put out a ton of food tomorrow. The bear is already coming in so keep with your routine. If your adding anything different to your bait, little bit each day if any. If you put out a ton of different food one day and it eats it all, the bear will most likely disappear for a few days!

Thanks for the information I usually bait on Sunday so I will bait like normal but add some sweet stuff and save some for monday.i am hoping to be done by Tuesday rain storm. He seems to be coming in every day. I was going through 50 lb of corn every 2 days .that's how I found out he was coming in .