IGNORED

Last Bear Hunt

BHC

Being that this just maybe in fact the last bear hunt in NJ for years to come, will anyone here take the first bear they see regardless of size ?

If I see one 300 lbs. or bigger then yes I will take it, but the last time I saw a bear the week of shotgun week was in 2003 and I took it. Now a few weeks ago I had 6 bears around me, a small sow with 2 very small cubs, then from a different direction a sow in the 300 lb range with 2 cubs that I would say are over one years old, she may get a Accutip

Last I checked my cam I had a sow with two cubs.  Both cubs were damn near the size of the sow.  So yea, I guess I am gonna shoot one.  My Son is gonna hunt my bear stand with hopes that they don't show and one of the nicer bucks does.  But if the bears come, he's gonna text me.  We have it set up so I can walk the path and look over the bait and get a 35 yard shot from the ground below the base of the stand.  He won't shoot a bear so that's why he's elevated so close.

Do as you see fit, each is own.

Having killed a 204lbs bear few years ago and knowing the work involved. Then seeing the return I will not be even thinking about shooting anything less than that.

250 is my goal had a 125lbs ish guy under me during bow.

Did not even feel a touch of excitement so knew immediately he was not getting shot by me other than pictures.

If it's that important to say you killed a bear on the last hunt then shoot what gives you the opportunity, if not then just enjoy being out there.

As for the fawns I think you will see a heck of a bigger return if we stop driving, pushing and killing anything brown with any type of weapon untill the end of February.

20171010_172503.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.