IGNORED

H.R.38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

​ "I am neither an optimist, nor a pessimist, but a realist.   It would take EIGHT Democrats to vote for concealed carry!   They might get 2 (ND & WV)."

​Prolly not a far fetched inference considering every democrat in the white house acts like a puppet of Schumer .. ​And I think it's safe to say Schumer is going to vote no... But, with Trump as president anything can happen.. especially the unpredictable.. I mean, who would have predicted Trump would be in office right now, >>YOU?...

:D

Call or email this guy and let him know what you think

https://lance.house.gov/

Already did.  I was shocked they picked the phone right up; I assumed I'd get a, "we know people will be angry so you're getting voicemail", recording.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

It is important to note that they also slipped in the “fix NICS” bill as part of the reciprocity bill. This might give the Democrats enough incentive to vote for this since many of their states already recognize permits from other states. They will want the NICS upgrades.

I know many are against the fix NICS proposal but this is a small price to pay if we gain back our constitutional right in communist NJ. Hell, I would even support banning bump stocks if it was able to push the reciprocity bill across the finish line.

It is important to note that they also slipped in the “fix NICS” bill as part of the reciprocity bill. This might give the Democrats enough incentive to vote for this since many of their states already recognize permits from other states. They will want the NICS upgrades.

I know many are against the fix NICS proposal but this is a small price to pay if we gain back our constitutional right in communist NJ. Hell, I would even support banning bump stocks if it was able to push the reciprocity bill across the finish line.

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us.  And bump stocks are already illegal in NJ although not mentioned by name.  The national news never lists NJ as having made bump stocks illegal because they are not specifically mentioned, but that is just semantics.  It was covered on this site recently as to the exact law and language that already bans bump stocks and other conveyances that "assist" in the firing of a weapon.   

No way.

What it does is effectively kill the "fix NICS" bill.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us. 

Fake News.

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us.

This is incorrect.  It will allow NJ residents to carry in NJ with a non-resident permit.  The language was changed to specifically allow that.

http://www.nj2as.org/nj2as_makes_federal_dubut_fighting_for_nj_ccw_and_national_reciprocity

And this current post:

http://www.nj2as.org/major_advancement_in_national_reciprocity

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

All well and good, I'd hate to have to get a non Resident CCW to carry in my home state!! Lol, untill the "justifiable need" clause is removed, or very broadly defined, as it is no civilian can prove it, unless you are retired LE, or politically connected. Justifiable need was shot down in California for gods sake! Why not here? Since when is it required to prove a need to excersize a frigging right?! Lol, justifiable need bans the majority of law abiding citizens thier rights in NJ, and that's by design.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Justifiable need was shot down in California for gods sake! Why not here? 

Justifiable need is conceptually so ridiculous is sounds like something children would invent on a playground to cheat at a game they're losing.

Which is pretty much what it is.

This is incorrect.  It will allow NJ residents to carry in NJ with a non-resident permit.  The language was changed to specifically allow that.

http://www.nj2as.org/nj2as_makes_federal_dubut_fighting_for_nj_ccw_and_national_reciprocity

And this current post:

http://www.nj2as.org/major_advancement_in_national_reciprocity

Thanks for the links! :up:

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us.  And bump stocks are already illegal in NJ although not mentioned by name.  The national news never lists NJ as having made bump stocks illegal because they are not specifically mentioned, but that is just semantics.  It was covered on this site recently as to the exact law and language that already bans bump stocks and other conveyances that "assist" in the firing of a weapon.

Wrong. Please read up. If I have a Florida nonresident concealed carry permit and this passes, I would be able to carry in NJ. Regarding the bump stocks, I’m speaking at a federal level, not just New Jersey. Obviously everything is illegal here but if you could get a couple other senators from different states to go along with it this might just get passed.